CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: Gone!!!!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Gone!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi!

Well thought I'd take a ride, this afternoon, to see what ice there may be here in the NW corner since my last ride last Tuesday.
Wasn't going to hold my breath with hope after the past few days of warm Wx and rain.

Left Winsted @ 2:00 PM - Temp. 27 F....... returned @ 3:40 PM - Temp 25 F

All waters observed, spudded if possible (plate size), and ice measured.

Wood Creek - 1 7/8 inch @ boat ramp exactly (plate size chopped out) - with a line of white ice across the middle of the cove from shore to shore (wasn't there last Tuesday) -> Indication of thaw and re-freezing.

Winchester Lake - Open water except the cove left of boat ramp with big open water hole in the middle with 2 ducks paddling in it.

Park Pond - Ice is all gone, open water as far as the eye can see from the boat ramp. Very small ice flow left of ramp.

Burr Pond - Ice is all gone - except for a little skim ice at north end, near boat ramp, peppered with open water holes.

West Hill Pond - Open water
Colebrook Res. - Open water
Hogsback Res. - Open water
Highland Lake - Open water

This was pretty much what I expected -> 2 days of cold Wx wasn't going to produce much.
Wx will be warmer all the way up to Christmas -> Cold Wx (Day & night) will start on the 26th.

4-5 days of good cold Wx will hopefully produce decent/reliable ice (at or above 3") just before the 1st of Jan.

Stay Safe Exclamation
SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: