CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Good times, Lake Norman, NC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish-head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Good times, Lake Norman, NC Reply with quote

My bass club, the Lancaster Bassmasters, held it's Tournament finals this past weekend, 11-7 and 11-8 on Lake Norman in NC. This lake is enormous, like 30,000+ acres.

There was a big 150+ boat tournament on Saturday as well as the college BFL finals going on both days. Saw the Snickers boat, Purolator, Kellogs. Land o lakes and many others.

I didn't have much time to practice, so I looked on Google earth to see if I could find any likely looking spots. You could actually zoom in on underwater rock piles, the water is so clear. Found a few likely fish holding spots and figured I'd give it a try. 1st place we pulled up to I got a 4lb spotted bass on a 1/8 oz shakey head with a Zoom speed craw. All I can say is that they fight almost if not better for their size than a smallmouth. My non-boater partner got a nice 2lber too. I had 4 bass off this place in about 15 minutes. NO other boats to be seen at all.

Fished docks with brush piles the rest of the day and had my limit by 9:45 a.m.. Did get 2 nice spots on a spinnerbait. I ended up culling out 4 smaller fish for a weight on Saturday of 10.02. I was ahead by 8oz over the next guy.

Sunday fished same areas, fishing was tougher for sure. Did get a limit of spotted bass for 8.10. Ended up with a final 2 day total of 18lbs 12oz. Only guy to have a 5 bass limit both days. Won by 6 oz! Thank YOU Google Earth!

My Non boater partner took 1st as the No boat too.

Now these weights may seem low, but our club had never been to Norman before. In fact our best 3 guys had better weights than the BFL college guys did and they had a 6 bass limit to our 5! The best weight for the college boys for 2 days was 15lbs 4oz. so we did very well indeed.

The 150 boat pro-T our top 3 would have been in the top 10! for Saturday. We have a very good group of guys in my club for sure!

This put me WAY ahead for angler of the year for my club. I have held the points lead since April at Lake Murray. I do miss the CT bass sometimes, but there is some fantastic fishing down here to make up for it.

If you ever get a chance to fish Lake Norman it will be worth it! I know I will be back. My new favorite lake!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish-head,

Nice post, congrats!!!

Sounds like an awesome place.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, congrats!!! Very Happy
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats fish head, it seems you're a force to be reconed with anywhere you fish! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: