CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Great day at the race (part two)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassarama

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Great day at the race (part two) Reply with quote

Ok, where was I? Oh… the bass and the fluke, well I got to Niantic State launch to find the parking lot busy, good thing everyone moved pretty quickly and out to the Race I went, while driving by Bartlett’s Reef I decided to poke around a bit and actually marked some fish on 20 feet of water but wasn’t to impressed so I proceeded with plan A .The water looked like glass so it was smooth riding all the way out to the Race area, most of boats there were fishing the same ¼ mile radius spot:

I joint the crowd and marked tons of fish:

Started fishing with a brand new diamond jig to hook up the first under sized bass, another drop and another fish… this one measured 29” and it jumped right in my 152 qt cooler w/ 1/3 full of ice and very cold salt water…… Laughing .. the third drop produced a few #$%^&* words and 7 of my honest earned dollars taking a one way trip to the bottom… Rolling Eyes

Another keeper:

Another rod set up with a three way rig with a green buck tail tipped with a whacky worm brought in a bunch of bass and 2 skinny blues, until I lost that rig on a snag. Changed over to a 8 oz diamond jig and a teaser set on a dropper loop tied two feet above it, that rig produced a bunch of bass with a few nicer mixed in.

This girl for example went for the teaser:

After the pose, the frigging thing flopped out of my hand, landing on a very sharp knife cutting its throat…… Very Happy .. now I have BLOOD all over and as a reward to Fishballz, I put the fish in the cooler….. By then I had landed well over 20 fish and my arms were tired, more so I was ready for some fluke fishing.

Found a few boats at Isabella Beach very close to a favorite spot so I went East of that and made my first drift on 60 feet, the breeze was pushing the boat toward land so I covered different depths getting a few undersized fluke on 50 feet of water.

Stripervitis called me for an update, after telling him that I had a banana in the boat ...THEEFill the Cooler broken tip rod” (long story) bent, I looked in the fish finder and there was a cloud of bait just above the bottom in 35 feet ,( need to rename that way point) this 26 inched beauty came aboard:

Well guys, I suppose I can’t say “to make a long story short”… to late for that, I bought in over a dozen of fluke keeping 5. All the fluke fell for the typical 3 way rig; two foot drop for the sinker and a 5 foot leader for the hook tipped W/ with squid and spearing.

I called the day at 3 o’clock and up until 4:30 I maintained a smiley face, traveling north on Rt 9, one of my trailer tires blue up, thank God for dual axle trailers…other than the tire, light and the vanishing of my license plate, I caused no one else damage. Embarassed

Called Sea Tow and 2.5 hours later I was on my way home. Next Time I’ll have a spare tire and plenty of tools. There you have it, not much of a report or a fishing story… I know you’ll like the pics…

PS: I don’t believe on the “banana in the boat myth” HOWEVER I’m starting to believe that it could be a curse!

Have a good weekend

Joe

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!, hate that trailer pic though. By the way, you hung up to quick to land that record sea-robin. Didn't get the chance to let you know I was having a great day at work (insert head-bang here).
bassarama

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyman

You guys need to take time off during the week days...the fish bites better Shocked

I was traveling North on rt 9 just before Middletown Ct.

Very Happy Very Happy The Searobin.... I was so busy with the fluke that I totally forgot about it Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch Cool

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Joe!! Smile , That's what I call a real report. Location, depth, condition of water, bait or lures, time of day and the pics. tell the "rest of the story!!" Sorry about the tire but don't think it was the fault of the Banana. LOL. Laughing Laughing

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
bassarama

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

This is one of the teasers I made the night before:

Golden Eagle Claw baitholder hook size 6/0, white and pink buck tail and a clouple of feather "threads" from a craft store.

Fluke adore these things Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: