CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Great Hollow opener
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeyinstfd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Great Hollow opener Reply with quote

Had an incredible day with my Daughter today. We got up around 6 and got to the lake by 7.
First she caught a 13 inch rainbow on berkley trout worm.
Then I caught a bigger rainbow on powerbait.
The best part of the day was the stocking truck and how much fun the kids have doing that. They let the kids pit in 400 trout including 4 blue trout. I said huh??
DEEP commissioner was there with his kids and so was News 8. They did a nice piece on the stocking programs.
The blue trout are a variant of rainbows that have a dark blue back. Was pretty cool.
My hats off to the guys who do this every year for these kids. It's like a madhouse when it starts and these ladies and gentleman work really hard to make it fun for the kids.
Then we got back to fishing and I caught a brown on powerbait. After that we called it a day.
It's not always about how many fish you catch. It was the time I spent with her today that was priceless. Makes me sane for a bit and came to the realization that I work too much.
pmoneyct

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a great day after all it's not only about what you catch it's the memories you make with the kids!!!

family,fishing.and a good dog. "Thats all i need"
LUNKERBASSERFISHING

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there in the afternoon and was great to see kids with their parents catching fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: