CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Great morning wading the CT for smallies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoppy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Great morning wading the CT for smallies Reply with quote

went back to my roots today with a buddy. Hit the river at about 8:15 for some smallie action. it was pretty amazing to see the water this low. we never got wet above our thighs really and wading was a breeze. we got into the smallies right away with my bud getting one on the first cast. we waded a good 1/2 mile of the river for about an hour and half and id guess we got 14 between us. biggest around 2lbs. gotta love river smallies as everyone battled for the lives. the 2lber was a blast even in the light current. we saw some much bigger caliber fish today in our honey hole destination but they didnt want our offerings so we kept moving due to time. home by 11:00am. 1/4oz panther martins was the weapon. easy bait to throw around while wading through the river and they seem to like it. great way to spend the morning. water was crystal clear and warm. the new costa del mar glass's i got recently were awesome out there. i could see just about everything and certainly anything that was swimmming within viewing distance. Sam if you read this.......thanks man. it was fun! its been along time since ive done that and it brought back memories of the days i didnt have a boat.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job hoppy. Sounds like the river north of Hartford correct?
DV

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you guys had a good outing. I too have been putting in some time wading the river the past 3 days. Not very many over a over a pound but good numbers, they all came on a smoke/red tube.

Every time I hooked into one a ways out I kept thinking "k this is a good one", but nope just 14" smallies with attitude problems.
hoppy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeeterjim................yes north of hartford but just south of the enfield dam.

DV.........we should meet up for an evening trip. its perfect to get out there for a few hours. ill PM you.
lancraftbass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy nice to see you got out there. Let me know the next time you go out there I love that area. I was up there a 3 or 4 weeks ago the weeds were not up that high how are they now up there???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: