CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Great #'s day!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish-head

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Great #'s day! Reply with quote

The weather down here in SC has been very nice the past week. Temps during the day are in the 60's to near 70 some days. I fished Lake Robinson, the NUKE lake in Mcbee SC on Friday and again on Sunday. Water temps anywhere from 77-65. I did see a few bass on beds, easy pickings with a shaky head worm.

Decided to try a Zoom Speed worm in Watermelon seed. This bait was discontinued but was brought back by popular demand. It's a paddle tail style worm. There is this green moss on the bottom and if you put any weight near the bait you come back with a blob of green. I tried just putting a small split shot 2 ft up the line. That was the TRICK. I boated over 35 bass on Friday, and 40+ bass yesterday! No big ones, lots of 12-14" bass with biggest being 3lbs. Great fun on 8lb test. The locals down here think I'm crazy for fishing that "wimpy line". The water is super clear and I think the bass are line shy.

Well I'm off to Bass Pro to get more Zooms.
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice warm report Bob!!! Razz Very Happy
chumley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to say ..I HATE U!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish Head, Thanks for making my cabin fever even worse!

But guys we need to stay positive, we'll be back on the water in less than 2 months- rippin lips. We just need to get through Feb. and March.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: