CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Great Way to start?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdcrack

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Great Way to start? Reply with quote

This story is really killing me and i need to tell someone, so I figured you all would appreciate it...

So this morning I wake up on someone elses couch, to my alarm going off on my phone... Why is my alarm set....OH YEA FISHING!!! Crap, I had forgotten I was supposed to go with a couple buddies, so I ran home, got the car and picked em up. One of my friends is some Texas and fishes regularly, he has a lot of experience for his age and is quite knowledgeable. The other guy on the other hand, has NEVER caught a fish in his life, no exaggeration.

I had recently found a small pond near my work in Mount Laurel NJ. Its a private pond, but the residents there are extremely friendly and actually almost encouraged me to fish there, and man am I grateful. So we ended up getting to the pond around 10 am I would guess, and it was probably around 80 degrees or so already, beautiful day. Water temp unknown, but I think it was warm, has been nice the last week or so and I dont think the pond is very deep. I have had very good success there with Xraps, shallow cranks, peanut cranks, spinners, but nothing on stick baits/senkos! Go figure.

I gave my clueless buddy one of my spinning combos and set em up with a shad colored Xrap, teach em how to cast, what to do with the bait, etc. After a couple failed casts, he ends up getting the hang of it and were good to go. 2 minutes later, he ends up casting the xrap into a small bush/shrub that is hanging over the pond. Great.... I tell him to just yank it and it should come free. Luckily it does and falls back into the water. He yells over to me "hmm i think i have a fish" so I had em bring em in and when I saw it surface my jaw dropped...

Out came this guy, (2 image sizes for your pleasure)

This larry went 5lbs 5 ounces on the scale. What a way to start your fishing career. I dont think he really appreciated how awesome of a fish it was, but I sure did hahah.

Sorry for the long read guys,
tight lines!

-Petey
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet nice fish Cool
Stratos17

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!! My biggest fish have come from private water
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: