CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Halls Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Halls Pond Reply with quote

Went to Halls Pond a few days ago. When I got there the water was calm and no wind even though the report called for a "breezy" day. After I launched of course the wind picked up. As I launched I spoke to a guy getting off the water and he said he caught two or three bass and some pickerel.

I threw 5' Senko, Spinner baits, Jig and crank baits. The water temp went from 53 to 56 degrees while I was there for four hours. I managed 5 pickerel and 1 bass. Four of the pickerel came on crank baits and one on a spinner bait. The bass came on a 3XD crank bait in about 6 feet of water about 90 feet from shore on a grassy bottom. The bass was 14" 2 lbs and had not spawned yet.

I kept four pickerel and fillet them up and they were pretty good. Got to show my girls how to fillet and the anatomy of the fish they loved the fact that one had a crayfish in its stomach.
anointed130

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you cook your catch?

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Mase2020

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
How did you cook your catch?

Flour and Old Bay then deep fried, they were good I tried my best to remove the Y bones missed some. I think the next time I would pan fry with butter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: