CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Hamburg Cove 04/17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassRican

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Hamburg Cove 04/17 Reply with quote

Well we hit the cove on Sunday and the water was high and dirty. About 1 ft of visability. Lots of floating debris (leaves, branches, small logs). Only 2 kayakers out there. Hit a couple spots that produced for us before, but ended up moving alot. It was hard to jig without coming in with stuff on your jig. We ended up with 7 white perch and 3 yellow perch. We had to WORK for these fish.

Then there was the one that got away! Toward the end my dad had a line out with night crawlers while jigging another. He got a hit on the bait rod and he figured he miss it. Then a couple minutes later he starts to reel it in, and there is a fish on. It goes airbourne! It's a NICE catfish. Of course I forgot the net. He fights it for a while and oh too soon he grabs the line and tries to LIFT the fish in. Before I could say "NO", "SNAP!" Goodbye 20 inch catfish. Let the cursing commence. Mad

We also got greeted at the launch by a DEP officer. Did a quick safety inspection and asked for our licenses. All good of course.

THEN on the way home, my dad's new used truck broke down on Rt 9. Tow truck, call for a ride, fish to clean, get the kids! What a crazy ass Sunday. Shocked

Now going to take the kids trout fishing this week! Staying local. Goodnight!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, BassRican. I've been wondering whether the white perch are still in.

Hey, Billy, wanna take a trip?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil my friend went out saturday they got 8 WP not many left in there.

Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: