CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Hamburg Cove 4/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishface

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Hamburg Cove 4/10 Reply with quote

Went to the cove again today about the same time as last week. With similar results. I hammered two Pike (largest was 29") lost a good one. Par for the course when using 4lb test. I was trolling black jigs with black & grape grubs. I have been fishing this place for 30+ years and the first time I have caught Pike. I have seen many over the years. I guess it was my time. Also caught were two Stripers Both over 26" one I fought for 30 minutes. They were caught on black jigs & black & chartruse 6" curly tail worms (Cabelas). In between the two Pike I thought I had picked up some weeds, Instead it was a 7" Crayfish I have never seen one that large in the river. I tried to grab it to no avail. I'm guessing the Pike were munching on them. The water levels are back in between the banks. All in all it was a excellent day/night. The Kayak's performance was top notch.

Tim
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Tim. Very Happy
atkins

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Hamburg Pike Reply with quote

Nice, Tim
Im Matt, Guy with the green canoe, saw you on your way out.
Ive been hopeing for some pike in the cove, I was just out looking for some perch, I was worried how low the water was in the cove, How far towards the river did you go?
Thanks
matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: