CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Hangin up my bassin boots........ Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Hangin up my bassin boots........ Reply with quote

As some of you know, my bass fishing enthusiasm has been dwindling for some time now and I have lost the "eye of the tiger". I have decided that as of September 1, 2009, the time for me has come to hang up my bassin’ boots and say adios to the sport. I have accomplished everything I wanted to over the years and I need some new adventures. If any of you need some info on a lake for a tournament or what have you, please feel free to send me a message. I will offer you whatever I can remember.

I am going to be selling off everything, including my boat. I have loads of tackle, rods, and reels for sale for cheap. Tell me what your looking for and I'll tell you if I have it. Good luck to all of you and maybe in a few years I’ll get back into it. But as for now, you will find me on the salty water!

Best regards to you all!

- Justin T. ><>

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!

Last edited by Justin Tralli on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say it ain't so! Well, Justin, I certainly wish you the best, Man. I will be hitting you up for 411 and tackle, but I'll be missing you on the water. If you need a salt partner anytime, give me a call. I've been neglecting the saltwater too much lately. Going to Nantucket and maybe I'll get hooked again up there!

Take care, and again, I wish you the best in your salty endeavors.

Jed
pdcrack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked WHATTTTTT Shocked Shocked Shocked
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad day bro...but i know how you feel as the same happened to me a few years ago...remember????? Perhaps we will see each other down the road...life is funny that way.
Johnny
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT, this is sad news Crying or Very sad . I sent you a PM. I wish you the best.

Justin
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the kind words guys but I'm done. No more tournaments, no more big bass on wednesdays, no more clubs. Finito! I had a good time I just need something new. My dad is getting older anyway and I want to spend more time with him. He likes saltwater fishing and I'm getting us saltwater boat. Ill be around...just on the salty board Smile

Anyone know where there's a nice Grady White or Striper with twins?? Both motors and girls?? Smile I'm looking for a walk-around cuddy with twin 150's to 250's 23- 28 feet.

Johnny it was a fun ride man. Our trophy case has some serious bling in it from over the years! Maybe "T/D" will rise from the ashes again one day. Wink

Take care,

- T.

CT RIVER
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin,

It is always sad to hear when someone hangs up the fishing rod. Good luck on the salt water, coming from Long Island I miss salt water fishing.

Good Luck, stay safe, tight lines.

PS, There is a Grady White for sale on Robbins Ave in Newington, the guy spent a good part of last year cleaning it up. IF you want I can stop and get you a contact number.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad has a 2605 seaswirl striper and loves it. It is great for the sound and trips to block and montauk. I believe there was one posted for sale on this site a couple of months ago.

Justin
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (no words, the dog is sad)
MarkO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Justin. I'm not a big poster on the site but have always thought of you as one of the premier guys here and on the water. Our sport will be losing one its best. At least keep some of your bassin stuff so you can be a co-angler in some of the CTFT tournies once in a while.

Theres still way too much for us to learn from you before you hammer those twins and boat off into the salty sunset.

How ever it works out for you, good luck. MarkO
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont be hasty on a saltwater boat. They are a dime a dozen right now...You can basically name your price on almost any boat. Check ebay and look at all the repo's and the prices on unused boats........................................

FYI- I use to be the same way about freshwater and then lost my taste for it. I enjoy saltwater much much more

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant wait Plop. Thanks for the advice! My father and I are going to be splitting a boat. We've both been doing some searching and have found some amazing deals! We're actually heading down to Westbrook tonight to look at a 1998 27 foot Grady with twin 175's. The guy wants $8500 or b/o!! Shocked Maybe once we get one you can come out with us and show us the ropes! I'm heading down to the shore this weekend to do some Striper fishin out at Cornfield then over to the Gut. Man I'm dyin to get out there!! Keep in touch

CT RIVER
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Np , do your research on the boat and motor.... check for pressure cracks on the hull the whole nine yards.
I made a checklist of negatives about a boat and then made a decision based on price.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont beleive it,Salt?,you will miss flipping and actually casting to a target,but good luck to you hopefully youll still work the non boater side we need more people in these tournys now were losing a regular,enjoy the time with you pops
Jerryinct

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, I am sad to see you go although we only met once face to face at Wethersfield cove a few years back. I work a weird shift now. Fri-Sun and I too have lost the hunger for most tournaments. I do enjoy fishing with friends much more. Save some of your stuff but I understand changing gears. I will contact you for some CT River info at some point in time. I mostly do charity derbies now which I run for the most part for kids or United Way. My father is 80. I understand completely wanting to spend some quality time with family. As we get older our priorities change. I think your are right with wanting to spend more time with family etc.Good luck and tight lines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: