CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Hard swimbaits tru-tungsten tru-life 4",spro BBZ-1 shad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Hard swimbaits tru-tungsten tru-life 4",spro BBZ-1 shad Reply with quote

has anyone had any luck with these lures??what would be the best models if u had to pick 2(floating)(waking/slow sink),(slow sink/fast sink)& color.they cost so much money i cant buy them all. Rolling Eyes
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nx882,I have been throwing Huddlestons and Mattlures swimbaits for a couple years now, I have been throwing the big boys, 6 to 8 inches, I havnt tried the 4 inch baits you are asking about, but I can tell you this, I HAVE SEEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST BASS I HAVE EVER SEEN following these lures, I dont throw them to much in tournies, but when you have a day of looking for a pig these baits are the way to go, if you want we can hook up for a day and just throw swimbaits, and I hope you can see what Im talking about, as for standard swimbaits, the 4 to 5 inch Money minnows are my favorite.My buddy in Texas is a hog hunter and he talks very highly of the BBZ, but in the bigger versions, he tells me that a floater is the way to go, they modify them with red gills, weight them on one side so if looks like an injured shad on top, thats what he uses as a top water, as for us I favor trout patterns, little hint, DONT THROW THESE ON THE RIVER!!! Pike love them. Shocked
stumpy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually bought the sebile magic swimmer and the bbz shad . both in slow sink. i was told they will wake with heavier mono and keep the rod tip up. i cant wait for 55+ water temps to try them.
Phish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tungsten baits are unbelievable. I caught my personal best 6-10 on the 4 inch tilapia. I also lost an 8-10 pounder due to my own error on one last Friday in Texas. I'll have video of that on the internet soon. They are great because you can add or subtract weight very easily to go from wake to slow sink to fast sink. My job puts me in contact with some pretty amazing fisherman, and I've heard nothing but great things about this bait. One of the great things about it is what you can do with it by varying the retriieve. If you stop it dead, it actually turns around to "look behind" itself. my PB was caught doing just that. Big fish hammer this bait. It of course takes time to find the bites, but that's the deal when you'rseeking giants. While the price is steep, it's totally worth it. I've only lost one and have found that because you're generally slow rolling this bait, it's not that hard to get out of the crap it gets stuck in if you take the time to pull it out from the opposite direction. Hope that helps.
Phish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake...my catches were on the 7" bait. I haven't thrown the 4 inch, but have seen it in action and can't wait to use it. It too comes with the weight balls to change between wakinging, slow and fast sinking
stumpy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just ordered th lavender shad also today...comon warm weather
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: