CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Has anyone tried this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Has anyone tried this? Reply with quote

Saw a technique the other day where a guy claimed to be killing the bass with, and was wondering if anyone heard of it or has tired it. I so what was your success.

Started with standard football type jig with a skit on it, then added a grub trailer tail down. Then added 6" to 12" of braided line to the hook of the jig and tied a hook to that and on the hook a super fluke. His claim was and it made sense was that as he worked the jig the fluke danced behind and looked injured and most of the times the bass would hit the fluke.

I am going to try this if anyone else has tried it let me know. Also does anyone else trim of the jig skirts and weed guards on them?
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent heard that one bud, but I have enough issues keeping my rigs out of trouble without adding a daisy chain to the back. I do trim jig skirts as I like to make the twin tail trailers stand out. I taper cut the weed guards so the are much more flexible. Let me know how the jiggin/fluke works out. I'm flexible. Nice day out sunday. A pleasure to meet you and your son!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a pretty common fluke rig around here with a bucktail and a real shiner.

I would just caolina rig or drop shot a fluke for that effect, wouldnt want 2 baits w/hooks on the line. Thats just me though, Im sure it would work. Dont think it would be "killing the bass" anymore than a fluke with a weight in front would.

Last edited by mikey5string on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
mikey5string

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a pretty common fluke rig around here with a bucktail and a real shiner.

I would just caolina rig or drop shot a fluke for that effect, wouldnt want 2 baits w/hooks on the line. Thats just me though, Im sure it would work. Dont think it would be "killing the bass" anymore than a fluke with a weight in front would.
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never done that, but I have drop shotted with a small finesse jig as the the weight and used a fluke on the drop shot hook with great success, it's an excellent deep summertime fishing tactic.
therieldeal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of teaser rigs that people use for stripers

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: