CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: hatch pond in kent
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hookt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: hatch pond in kent Reply with quote

anybody been to hatch and is there any good size yellow pearch being pulled out there? really dyin for a good fried pearch dinner! if not hatch pond then anyone tell me where in western ct i could get a good meal? thanks
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudge Pond has some good sized perch, I get em in the first semi-deep cove on the same side as the launch, if you go past the foundation for the old boat house, you went too far. USE CAUTION... if you enter at the boat launch, there is a big old beaver that lives in there. His under-ice bubble trail makes the ice REAL WEAK. Luckily, his trail is only about a foot wide, and in shallow water, but you wont see it under the snow. If ya enter by the beach, you should be OK. You can ask my partner Wayne about ice fishin with a wet and frozen boot.
hookt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishinschmoe, thanks for the come-back and the warning on the beaver trail. I understand the importance of dry boots!!! i`ll give it a try and let you know how I make out brother.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: