CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Have work off tomorrow. Where should I go fish? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark - Did you fish the jig deep? Try letting it fall to the bottom and work it slowly, especially if the water is cold. In a river with a lot of current, you might have to upsize the jighead to 1/8 ounce. I'd also try erratic and steady retrieves. I caught five different species of fish with it in Hamburg Cove, today; chain pickerel, yellow perch, sunfish, white perch and largemouth bass.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil

the part of the hockanum where I go isn't very deep and actually not a lot of current. It's right at exit 60, a nice sharp bend then goes under the bridge. a couple of pools and it get shallow under the bridge. Until fishing season officially starts I am sticking with the hockanum cuz it's legal.. although, I did hit the farmington in poquonuck and windsor the other day but no luck at either place.

I did fish the hockanum behind Uhaul last summer a couple of times but it gets real buggy there...ugh...

I am wondering with no major rain this spring, if Mashapaug is still low the side coves held a lot of fish when I was there last week. I plan on going up there the monday after fishing season starts. I hope it's still kind of low, you could see lots of fish, they'd still be in spawn or maybe a slight post spawn with this weather and these spots are easy to fish from the shore when the water is lower.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been that far up the Hockanum River. Have you ever fished the Hockanum River Reservoir?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to fish there the other day... it's right near the east hartford middle school, scotland street, I think, is the name of the street that goes over it. I couldn't find any shore access. I'd love to try it... maybe monday I look again but not during the "after school" time that I went last week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: