CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Hello from Manchester.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimberultra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Hello from Manchester. Reply with quote

Hey everyone. My name is mike. Just got into fishing this season. I shore fish for whatever will bite my hook. I usually end up at keeney cove, and I frequent the little bridge at crystal lake alot. I'm always looking for good places to fish from the edge but it seems there's aren't alot. Haha.

But yea. I'm the new guy.
chud059

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike, welcome, I too am from Manchester and I too fish from the shore for what ever may bite.

Mark
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make that 3 from manchester taking whatever bites the hook - me and CHUD just fished that bridge

....small world

I tried fishing Keeney Cove last week - too flooded still

shore fishing from Lower Bolton has produced 6 meals of Crappie for me in the last weeks

also shore fishing from Risley Reservoir has been fun over the years
Kimberultra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't gone to risely yet. I go to crystal lake when keeney cove is too flooded. It's an ok spot. There's a few regulars there who are good for small talk
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Manchester as well. I do both tournament fishing as well as shore fishing since I do not have my own boat. Lower Bolton is a good spot to go to, not sure how it's doing now after the shock couple weeks ago, but I've heard decent results. I've been to Risley a couple times, but not much luck for bass really. I like to go up to Mansfield and fish up around the dam from shore too, caught a nice solid 3 pounder from shore there. You can also get panfish or pike from there as well.
Kimberultra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you get to the dam?Is that the dam at Mansfield hollow park or whatever?
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you drive down the street (Bassetts Bridge Road) like you are going to the boat launch there is a rock wall going through the 2 fields. You can walk the whole length of the rock wall that's there and at the end of the rock wall is the dam. There are trails all throughout that area that lead to the dam as well. If you want to just fish, you are better off going Bassetts Bridge Road and turning onto Mansfield Hollow Road exd and keep going straight. The dam will be right in front of you and just climb over the wall to get on the lake side of the dam.
justcool

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: hey guys whats up Reply with quote

union pond ,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: