CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Hello from Wallingford
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kennethkomentai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Hello from Wallingford Reply with quote

Hello all my name is Ken Murphy, I'm 22 and I am from Wallingford. I mostly fish for trout at Black Pond in Middletown, Black Ledge River and Salmon River in Marlborough, Lake Quanipaug in Guilford. Although i have put in countless hours over the last 3 years I have yet to catch a single trout. I have also fished for striper for the last couple of years predominantly by the bridge in East Haddam right by the boat launch, and the DEP docks in Old Saybrook I finally beat the skunk after two years, last year i caught my first keeper using sand worms i pulled a 32" 15lb striper out of the connecticut river and then my second keeper off of a boat fishing the rocks in branford using live eels i also caught about five schoolies in the ct river I put in hundreds of hours every season, yet i don't seem to be able to catch fish. So thats my story i look forward to learning from members on this site.
AVec80X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salmon River TMA - 4 lb mono line - 1/8 oz white Rooster Tail lure - Trout guaranteed!

Best of luck this season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use fresh bunker at the deep spot and always have a snagger on hand there and snag your own bunker when the schools are close enough you will catch keppers and big blues
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CT river will be heating up for stripers. Right now sandworms are producing in the Middletown and Haddam areas as the water levels drop. It's still pretty hit and miss, especially if shore bound. Keep reading up, and getting out there. Tight Lines!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calmer and deeper stretches of those trout streams.....Rapala Husky Jerk HJ-6 color Glass Minnow---4 pound mono---5' light power rod
Kennethkomentai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies usually I use shiners, nightcrawlers and big fat meal worms when trout fishing, ill have to pick up a white rooster tail to try.
Kennethkomentai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be fishing the DEP docks tommorow at 7:30 we will see how the bite is. Gonna use a fishfinder rig with sand worms on an 11 ft and then toss a 1/2 oz white bucktail with white grub trailer on a 7ft pole, dont know if that will do anything but it was recomended to me so ill give it about 50-100 casts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: