CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Hello/New member Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira, you really are a sarcastic wise ass...love your answers! Do you take the time to think this stuff up or does it just fly out quickly? I can appreciate it because too have a sarcastic sense of humor.
Good luck on the site as there are a bunch of good guys here....me not being one of them. See, one wise ass to another.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TurtleKiss"]Don & Jim - The first few days here I had trouble getting my avatar to the required size. This was frustrating since I work with photos on a computer every day and I like to think that I can scale down a picture since it's about the most basic function a photo editor should be able to do. I received a few welcomes and PMs (not to be confused with PMS,) regardless of the absence of a photo. Everything was fine until a couple of posts implied that I might be male.

Don't want to misrepresent myself, come across as an attention whore, a regular whore, or be treated differently because of how I look. I don't want any of your wives/girlfriends to have a hit taken out on me if we fish together either. I appreciate having a husband who trusts me in the presence of men, and I'm thankful he accepts me despite my lack of enthusiasm in the areas of cooking and cleaning. He knows I've always been "manly" like this...(when we met in 2000, we were both changing oil at Jiffy Lube.) I can be a good friend to anyone who gives me a chance and treats me with respect. I don't mind compliments, but keep your fantasies to yourself. You can't eat my fish, no matter how bad you want it - I'm strictly catch and release. Take that however you want. LOL

quote]

Shocked Shocked Shocked WOW, just got back from a mini vaca and i was wondering how our Welcome Aboard went south. All is good !! Thumbs Up

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkO wrote:
Kira, you really are a sarcastic wise ass...love your answers! Do you take the time to think this stuff up or does it just fly out quickly? I can appreciate it because too have a sarcastic sense of humor.
Good luck on the site as there are a bunch of good guys here....me not being one of them. See, one wise ass to another.

Hi MarkO - Being a sarcastic wiseass comes naturally, but the severity on message boards is somewhat magnified because I play a lot of Modern Warfare 2 online. It's been scientifically proven that FPS gamers have no feelings whatsoever.

In person, the process is slower...I'm usually quiet at first, secretly analyzing my victim's sarcasm requirements. I might even pretend to be "nice" or "shy." This allows me to gradually customize my insults to what I consider an "ideal" level - just below their crying threshold.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4399255813_357f6edd24_o.gif?rt=img/img/336-ice-cube-chris-tucker-damn.gif[/img]

hmm my .gif not working....

meh...url form:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4399255813_357f6edd24_o.gif?rt=img/img/336-ice-cube-chris-tucker-damn.gif
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdcrack wrote:
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4399255813_357f6edd24_o.gif?rt=img/img/336-ice-cube-chris-tucker-damn.gif[/img]

hmm my .gif not working....

meh...url form:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4399255813_357f6edd24_o.gif?rt=img/img/336-ice-cube-chris-tucker-damn.gif

LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira,

Welcome...

You should look into one of these boats... www.cttwintrollerboats.com

I know the own real well..

Damn nice bass...!

Ron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterRon wrote:
Kira,

Welcome...

You should look into one of these boats... www.cttwintrollerboats.com

I know the own real well..

Damn nice bass...!

Ron

Ron - Thanks, but even those are out of my (husband's) price range right now. Being an artist in this economy is absolutely terrible. I'm going to keep my dinghy until I can afford something with a livewell & a trailer. Just having a trolling motor will be a definite upgrade this year, and I'm also adding a seat with a CUSHION!!!

I did spend some time on the site & was intrigued by the link for "Back-Up Balls." Watching the video caused me to choke on my Pepsi during the final 2 seconds. I wonder how many takes it took to say that line without cracking up.

Link

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
pdcrack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Do youuuu have balls?"
metalfish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too thought back ups balls was a sweet idea.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdcrack wrote:
"Do youuuu have balls?"

Lemme check. Nope.
I hope the company has eunuch insurance.

TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M LEGAL!!!!!

I passed the ($60) Safe Boater Certification (for Morons) class, applied for the actual ($50) certificate, got my 60 day limited durational certificate, registered ($15) my "craft," slapped the ($6) decals on, and charged ($30) the ($90) battery. Going to wire my ($15) circuit breaker tonight. The ($120) trolling motor is new and has never seen water. I am out of money...still cannot believe all of this is required to operate my "motorized vessel." Anyway, I AM READY TO FISH ($40) and even more importantly, ready to NOT ROW. Very Happy

Where should I go? Cool

SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kira congrats. Hey you forgot the last item on your list.........Catching lunkers (Priceless!) Very Happy
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
Hey Kira congrats. Hey you forgot the last item on your list.........Catching lunkers (Priceless!) Very Happy

Thanks - I'm certainly going to try!

slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira, Now think how much it costs the guys who have bigger bass boats with big outboards, and large fuel tanks, not to mention the fancy tow vehicles.

Alot of cash goes into this sport. It is a real eye opener when you stand back and look at the big picture. We all had to start somewhere like you though. I know I did.........

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleKiss wrote:
I'M LEGAL!!!!!

I passed the ($60) Safe Boater Certification (for Morons) class, applied for the actual ($50) certificate, got my 60 day limited durational certificate, registered ($15) my "craft," slapped the ($6) decals on, and charged ($30) the ($90) battery. Going to wire my ($15) circuit breaker tonight. The ($120) trolling motor is new and has never seen water. I am out of money...still cannot believe all of this is required to operate my "motorized vessel." Anyway, I AM READY TO FISH ($40) and even more importantly, ready to NOT ROW. Very Happy

Where should I go? Cool

Go Fishin'!! Duh!! j/k congrats on the newly motorized vessel. Catch some big ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: