CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Heroes On the Water
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Heroes On the Water Reply with quote

I thinking if starting a Heroes On the Water Chapter and wanted to see who was interested in helping out with this. This is a program that helps military personnel with therapy by taking them fishing in kayaks as part of a group outing with food. It is not a one time event and part of an ongoing thing with adaptive kayaks and such. I don't have all the info now and submitted a form that indicated I was interested in starting a chapter. Let me know if you would like to help.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested. I've helped out with the Take A Vet Fishing and had a great time working with some amazing men and women. I've got a few yaks and a canoe, and some contacts that could probably help out with things from manpower to equipment to food, etc. Keep me in the loop as you get more information.

Tight Lines,
Brian
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan,
count me in.
i still keep in touch with my shipmates from the Coast Guard bases in CT, along with some people from the Sub-Base. They would be great assets to pass along info on their installations
Mase2020

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Apparently plans are on hold while they expand. Here is an email that I received today from them:
Alan -= - Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.
Thanks for stepping up You have seen and understand the need. We are currently on a hold for starting new chapters. We have been growing like crazy (which is awesome!) but we don’t have the structure in place to support our current chapters well and also bring new chapters on. We have started restructuring the front office so we can excel at both. Please give us about 3 months and we will get back to you. The info below will help you determine what folks you need and the work involved.
The greatest challenge we see with Chapters is finding warriors and building a solid team. Here are the main pieces your team needs to be built around. We require a minimum of four dedicated folks on the leadership team to start a chapter.
a. Warrior recruitment and management
b. Volunteer recruitment and management
c. Local partnership development & fundraising
d. Planning, acquiring and managing your equipment
e. Planning and running your events
f. Identifying, creating and sharing your warrior renewal stories for social media
g. operations reports
h. Budgeting and finance reports
You are the stars on the team. Like the front office of a baseball team we are here to support you and help you put troops in seats.

Thanks for being patient and we will put you in the queue to get back with you. Please reconnect if you haven’t heard back by the end of Nov.
All the best,

Jim

Jim Dolan | Executive Director | Heroes on the Water
101-C N. Greenville Ave. #55, Allen, TX 75002 | 214-295-4541
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org CFC Code 48072
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: