CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Hey, we have proof too Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassRuTen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Hey, we have proof too Reply with quote

Long Story...
Today, 4/9/08, was a good day! RampageBassman and I hit a nice small pond…somewhere in Mid CT! Laughing Water temp….maybe 40-50, not sure. Keep in mind me and Rampage never fished this spot ever before and its our 3rd time on a boat. (Aaannnd no electronics) But we did come with our equipment. We started off in the beginning of the pond…it’s about a 10-12 acre pond. Rampage proceeding to use a small swimbait, which he calls his moneyminnow, and I some soft plastics...few minutes in, Rampage bags a chunky 2lbs followed by some small runts. I in the other hand catch nothing… so I decide to switch to a black and green jig w/no trailer, and bam! Not even a second later I hook a fat Perch, it was about 1-2lbs, I was surprised and rampage thinks it’s the biggest he has ever seen.

Then the wind started to kick in, boy do we HATE the wind! The last 2 out of 3 trips were disasters because of this wind.
We proceeded to drift to the other end of the pond, lost some lures along the way Mad …but little did we know that we drifted to a nice over hanging brush and loggy area, so we anchored. After getting a few bites, the feeding frenzy began. Rampage threw a black and blue jig w/one of his “special” trailers, and BAM! It was ON! We catch a couple of 1-2.5 lbs, right off the bat.

Then out of no where FISH ON! Rampage’s pole bends and takes em’ for a tour around the boat. We knew it was a large one, but no idea how big it was…he proceeds to fight and I help him bring it in, WOW what a Pig! He pulled a Mike Iaconelli and screamed out of the top of his lungs while jumping and scarring all the fish away. “And I think he actually high fived me a few times too! :-/” You gotta keep in mind a year ago we were fishing with bobbers and earthworms off shore! Using Rampage’s crummy, never used old scale that probably only goes to 2lbs, this Pig weights between 5-7lbs, maybe more, the scale kept jumping on its own…but it was jumping between 5-7 no lower… I doubt neither I nor Rampage is going to take a loan out to get a Boga Grip.

So after all that craziness we decided to fish the hell out of that brush. And instantly I catch my first Bass of the year a nice 3lber…then another 1.5lber and another 2lber. Rampage also rigged a couple of 2lbs after that. All in all that was the best time we ever had fishng!
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam kids, you guys killed it that fish looks like a 6.5 easy. Nice fatty female. That perch is a slob too. Good job guys and thanks for the report. I think I will take a half day 2morrow to fish - you guys have inspired me.

Justin
RaMPaGeBaSsMaN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do it! dude its going be a real good one i would but i have the kids tomorrow afternoon Confused o and bye the way thats not my fishing nerd vest i have on its rutens with his license attached to it...... i left my sweater in the truck Cool o and i think that slob i got had to be 7 ++

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great outing! Those are some great looking bass!

joe
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaMPaGeBaSsMaN wrote:
o and bye the way thats not my fishing nerd vest i have on its rutens with his license attached to it...... i left my sweater in the truck Cool o and i think that slob i got had to be 7 ++

Thats the lucky vest...7lbsers' are attracted to it. It does smell like pork! Wink
How is the weather looking for Friday? or this weekend?
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice small water action Fellas!!!!!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job catching some nice bass early.

About the wind, you will learn that a good breeze can be your best friend when on the water. Purchase an anchor, and anchor yourself off a wind blown bank the next time your out and the wind picks up. You will probably load the boat if conditions are right.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great catch Guys! Keep it up....Jigs 4 life .......
RaMPaGeBaSsMaN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
Nice job catching some nice bass early.

About the wind, you will learn that a good breeze can be your best friend when on the water. Purchase an anchor, and anchor yourself off a wind blown bank the next time your out and the wind picks up. You will probably load the boat if conditions are right.
exactly what we did except ruten had a 10 lb anchor so we were all over the place need to upgrade to a 20lb maybe but boy did we still have a blast!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job guys! Definitely some nice looking pigs there. Way to go finding the pattern and picking apart the woodworks.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I guess I mised the part where you wrote you anchored, nice job catching some nice fish anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" this Pig weights between 5-7lbs"

"o and i think that slob i got had to be 7 ++"

sorry, when I originally said it looked like a 6.5lber I thought you said it weighed 5.7lbs not between 5 and 7lbs. You gots to get a scale. Berkley makes one for about 30$

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work guys!

Rampage, il take ya out a few times once I get back to CT on the skanoe. Hit a few more un pressured lakes- nothing like hitting 5+pders 2 or 3 a day!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo,..great going!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: