CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Highland lake 6/19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watthe555

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Highland lake 6/19 Reply with quote

i went with my dad and uncle to fish in highland lake. i got there at about 5:00 AM. after setting our boat in the water we went straight to trout fishing in the second circle. after about 5 minutes into the day my unlce caught a 12 inch brown trout and my dad followed with a 13 inch rainbow ( the color on it looked amazing). after about another 20 minutes my dad caught a nice and fat 16 inch brown trout. When it go to 6:00 AM the water skiiers started to get on the water and that got annoying. we decided to go for some bass so we went to the last circle. didnt catch any bass but caught some yellow perch and sunfish. our day ended at about 10:00 AM and the water was pretty warm the whole time.
thenameissimon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third bay is great for bass, I bet you were closer in to shore than the smallies like to be this time of year...if you are about 350' north of the point at the end of the third bay, you are in good shape Wink
watthe555

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is, last year i caught a 23" 5 lb large mouth bass with a top lure in the last bay. youll always catch bass at around 7 to 9 pm
thespillmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by first and second circle?
We have a cabinthis week on the lake and I'm looking for a few specific spots and times people have had luck on the lake Smile

Any suggestions?
watthe555

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like simon said, if you are going for bass hit the last bay (circle). if you want the trout hit the second bay. the first bay is also good for bass but i have much better luck in the last. even caught a couple of chain pickeral, but most of them were small in the 15" range.
watthe555

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lake has 3 different bays that look like circles. i just called them circles because i couldnt think of a name at the time.
thespillmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Smile

Ill be out in third bay in an hour or so.
Any specific spots/bait/lures you could reccomend?
thenameissimon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The northern east shore area of this bay is good for lmb there is a rock ledge and good under water structure and weeds. The far south west corner north of the weed line is good for smb. Senkos drop shot jigs etc are all sufficient.
watthe555

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try top lures. every time i go to highland i use my special one and catch some monsters between the 3 to 5 pound range. and try a weedless worm in the northeast part of the third bay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: