CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Highland Lake 7-26
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Highland Lake 7-26 Reply with quote

Went to Highland Lake today from 9am-3pm. Got home as soon as it started to rain thankfully. The water was super warm, not many boaters out maybe 3-4. I started off in the Third Bay and worked my way back. Extremely upsetting day. 1 Channel Catfish (14"), and a handful of sunnys. I had hooked a nice LMB just before I left it had to be at least 3-4 lbs but at soon as I got it near the boat it broke loose. Still bothered by that catch but hopefully I have another shot sometime soon. First time I have been to Highland Lake...definitely a nice place overall.

-Steve
watthe555

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highland lake is a really good lake to go trout fishing too. i caught some nice trout and bass out of there. have better luck next time.

-phil
MarkO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highland is fishing super tough this year...you may want to check out a few other lakes in that area next time.
watthe555

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats true i havent had good luck this year. and winchester i havent aught much either. i dont know any good lake to fish
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions? Highland is an hour away from me anyway. I live in the center of CT virtually.
icetilt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your are in the middle of the state I would say head east if your looking for some new stuff there are some decent lakes out this way like quaddick.
steven1smith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayward will yeild a handful of 12-16in fish with the occasional good size fish. It's only about 45min from central Ct. There's ALOT of places within 40min of the middle of Ct that have good fishing, no need to travel 1hr+ to the corners of the state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
SAP284

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. Yeah I have been to Quaddick once but its tough because there are very few parking spaces. I found a handful of nice places but I have a motorboat and of course theres some that dont allow motorboats or boats with my 90hp motor. I will have to check out hayward. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: