CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Holiday Gifts Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steven1smith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Holiday Gifts Reply with quote

So, what did you get?

I got a brand new Mini Slammer in perch color. Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
Phish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got myself some tackle. Boy the 15-year-old some senkos and red eye shad lipless cranks. The show stopper for the boys was a couple of Traxxis RC cars. Man those things fly.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: LOL! Reply with quote

I got an All-Clad Ultimate Chicken Roaster, which I used to roast a chicken and some veggies for dinner tonight, and the coolest shoehorn that I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I bought them for myself, although my wife wrapped them and I pretended to be surprised. She did get me some crystallized ginger and an old school folding wood measuring stick, because I had mentioned that tape measures are too hard to keep straight when measuring larger fish in a kayak. My kids didn't get me anything. To be fair, though, every day is Christmas to me. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabela's gift card for me...looks like I'm finally going to get myself some grippers and stop using the "pickerel glove." Smile

I got my husband a cable box for the bedroom so he can watch the NFL channel as he drifts off to sleep. This channel has cut into my video gaming time significantly lately. I hooked the new box up to an old Panasonic Showstopper DVR using an IR blaster, so hubby can record up to 40 hours of football-related crap, and he never has to miss Sportscenter again either. I'm pretty sure I'll regret this the first time I'm woken up by Skip Bayless' voice.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Phish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skip Bayless can ruin an otherwise wonderful morning. NO ONE should be that consistently cynical and negative.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought myself an Ardent XS1000 6:3:1 bait casting reel Laughing then Santa brought me some jeans, thermal shirts, socks, a calender, and oh ya some swimbaits Very Happy . I was also looking at the MS slammer but I decided to make one myself over spring break in March.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like most of you im sure, i spend a good amount of money on fishing tackle, gear, crap all year round...This however is looked down on by my loved ones soooo nobody got me anything for xmas fishing related. apparently i have enough crap....so im going to sell all the presents the got me and buy fishing stuff.....
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some great stuff this year but nothing beats this...

PECo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawg - I am sooo jealous of you right now. Although, my in-laws showed up today for "second Christmas", and my wife got me a lobe of foie gras and eight magret duck breasts from Hudson Valley Foie Gras, so my life doesn't suck. . . .

Kira - I may have a heart attack on the trail to Breakneck from duck fat overload. Do you have an AED in your sled?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scored a Shimano Core 50Mg7 baitcaster, a few lures, and a tackle box that uses the same trays as my backpack tackle box.

Come on spring

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Dawg - I am sooo jealous of you right now...

I know...right!! Very Happy
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevin, I have that lure. I have caught a ton of stripers on it in the mouth of the ct river but nothing else. I haven't had any luck with it in the lakes However, Nickp has caught a ton big bass with that lure, he was the one that turned me onto it. Let us know when you catch your first piggy with it, I am sure it will be a beast. Try not to loose it, they are 30$

Justin
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Dawg - I am sooo jealous of you right now. Although, my in-laws showed up today for "second Christmas", and my wife got me a lobe of foie gras and eight magret duck breasts from Hudson Valley Foie Gras, so my life doesn't suck. . . .

Kira - I may have a heart attack on the trail to Breakneck from duck fat overload. Do you have an AED in your sled?

I assume that's some sort of defibrillator? Ummmm, no...it's in the shop. Just take an aspirin before you leave. BTW, let everyone know that Verizon's coverage sucks there so you may not be able to make/receive calls.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
steven1smith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
stevin, I have that lure. I have caught a ton of stripers on it in the mouth of the ct river but nothing else. I haven't had any luck with it in the lakes However, Nickp has caught a ton big bass with that lure, he was the one that turned me onto it. Let us know when you catch your first piggy with it, I am sure it will be a beast. Try not to loose it, they are 30$

Nice to hear that it does catch fish. The guys on NEF use slammers from 7" to 12" but the money just isn't there right now for me to get some of them. I've got some ponds that I'm gonna try this at, and I'm hoping for one of these. Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56urN-LJr0E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: