CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Hopefully the farmington river today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Hopefully the farmington river today Reply with quote

Hopefully i will be hitting up the farmington river today... And hopefully I will be getting someone into trout fishing.... Smile
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Hopefully the farmington river today Reply with quote

Someone is injured but hopefully still able to go... Will post pics... Winter trout... No pressure on the water just tryin to get to the water will be only pressure there is safely...
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you make it out???
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started my day out at a local river down the street from my house cause i left the house and had the itch and kira wasnt ready.... So as i got there i strapped on the waders and headed out to by the small waterfall and i remembered this down tree that always held fish. Well when i got the i noticed the tree gone ant the currant was alot different with it gone. I fished the shoot that went used to flow into the tree and hit a small 10"er. As i went upstream i seen a bass but he seen me too by the time i seen him so i knew anything further was useless. I got up to the water fall and i know 3 holes that are in that area the first one i spooked 2 fish out so i creeped up to the next one where i hit a 12"er... I dont take pics of these small fish as you know i never do for the small ones catch and let go they need to get bigger.. Besides the point.. phone ran and off to farmington we went... Im not good with names at all but imma say metal bridge by the drive in all the way up to hogs back. not a damn thing. I seen some trout chasing my bait but they didnt want it.. So i tried some spikes and still hit nothing.. Than shiners cause this dude was bangin them down stream by the metal bridge. Still nothing. First time i never got anything on a trip to the farmington ever... Anyways Kira did say she liked going out even without the trout so hopefully can take her out again and catch some... Ha Seadog1 said he was out there looking for me... Wish i could of ran into him and met him finally...
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time despite catching nothing, having a stabbing pain in my side, wearing leaky waders & falling in the icy water. I can't stress enough how much I missed casting...It's been a long 2 months since I've fished open water. Would definitely do this again!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet...... Smile
Grizz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Re:Post Subject Reply with quote

It's good to hear that you were able to make it out to the river, so the ice on the edges was'nt much of a deterent Question Leaky waders are never any fun especally when the water is really cold. I have a pair of those myself and have to be careful not to mix them up with my good ones. Thanks for the report it makes me want to head to the river for trout and quit standing on ice, however its all fun and still better than a good day at work Exclamation

Fish Hard or Stay Home
Colossians 1:16-17 For by Him all thinge were created.......
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Re:Post Subject Reply with quote

Was fun i wasnt happy when she said she was leaking cause i took the leaky ones slow pin leaks.. than when she took hers off im like should of told me.. anyways put them in the hot iffy waders stash... not like it was soaked but wet enough.. Besides the point first time out there didnt catch any and believe it or not got to small ones at the quinnipiac river before i headed to farmington... wack... LMAO so much for gore-tex waders... ha lmao 3 seasons old taking beating up north tho...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: