-Eric
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imsafanct wrote:
Pike or bass?

-Eric

Bass

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so permit was approved even though they don't have tournaments there between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
THEY ASK THAT WE BE VERY QUIET AT LAUNCH AS WE ARE IN A CAMPGROUND NEAR THE CAMP SITE!!
THERE MAY BE A $9.00 PARKING FEE
June 20, 2015: Hopeville Preston CT
Time: 6 AM - 1 PM
Check in 5:15 - 5:45
Entry $3.00
Optional Lunker Pool: $10.00
Optional pool for 1st place: the way it works is if you want in you bring some unwrapped fishing lure or tackle and it goes in the pot and the person who wins first place (Overall length) gets the tackle bag.
Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place on overall length of your five best fish
Catch, Photograph and Release
Canoes and Kayaks allowed and a Dingy (Kira)
Your need a camera (phones okay) and a measuring device that has a horizontal stop. I think that's everything let me know if there are any questions.
Just let me know that your in.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with Ted at Hopeville Pond State Park. He'll tell the Friday crew to leave the gate to the parking area along Hopeville Road unlocked for us. We can launch on the beach, away from the campsites. On the Hiking Map on the park's web page ( http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a=2716&q=325218&deepNav_GID=1650%20#map ), you can see that if you bear to the right after entering the park from Hopeville Road, there's a big parking area at the end of the road. That's where we'll meet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm a saltwater kayak fisherman not a bass fisherman, I would like to join in. Most of your tourneys are too far for me to attend, but with a campground right there, I'd like to give it a shot. I booked campsite A09 for Friday and Saturday.
If it can be used in anyway to help with the tourny, it is available. I Hope to get up early to cook breakfast sandwiches for anyone who wants them. Plan B, danishes, Bob
Mase2020

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4fun wrote:
Although I'm a saltwater kayak fisherman not a bass fisherman, I would like to join in. Most of your tourneys are too far for me to attend, but with a campground right there, I'd like to give it a shot. I booked campsite A09 for Friday and Saturday.
If it can be used in anyway to help with the tourny, it is available. I Hope to get up early to cook breakfast sandwiches for anyone who wants them. Plan B, danishes, Bob

Look forward to seeing you!
fish4fun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
Look forward to seeing you![/quote]
same here. So far weather is looking great.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the morning started out great for the tournament. Got up at 2:45 AM to make the 68 mile trek to the park. Never been to the park before and learned that the launch is near campsites, so Peco called down and got them to leave the gate unlocked to the beach which is well away from the camp sites.
Well when I got there I found the gate shut and assumed it was locked so I went to the launch and learned that it is inches away from camp sites and there was nowhere to check people in. So I sent a text to Peco and learned that the gate was just pinned shut. When I got to the beach I found the air cool and no wind.
For the tournament we had six people show up two were returns from the last one which was great and a new comer (Bob) who camped out and brought Danish for us, thanks Bob.
In total: 29 Bass were caught with a total length 359.75, with the lunker measuring 19.5”
1. Anthony V. 71.25” Tackle bag winner
2. Phil C. 70” Caught 14 fish
3. Alan 60 Lunker winner
4. Carlos 31
5. Josh 28.5
6. Bob 12
All in all a great day glad everyone came out.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's 70.75" for me, Alan! Here are my 14 fish:

And thanks for letting me beat you again! Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and it turns out that my wife wasn't mad at me for going fishing on our wedding anniversary. I got home plenty early enough for us to go out for a nice dinner. Thumbs Up

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Alan for organizing this, I had a great time. Congrats to all the winners, and enjoyed meeting everyone.
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for organizing these events Alan! Looking forward to the next one...and hoping we can gather some participants.

The best part of my day was catching an 8.25" at 12:20 on Yum Dinger. It was my 5th fish and come to find out it ended up putting me ahead of Phil by 0.5" in the grand scheme of things. Never been so happy to catch such a small fish Laughing Aside from that one fish, all my others were caught on frogs in the pads.

Being a photography nerd, I'm always a sucker for a good sunset, but I rarely catch sunrises. Saturday mornings ride to Hopeville was great. If it wasn't for the tourney, I'd never be up so early.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn I missed it Crying or Very sad , well I haven't been active on the forums in AWHILE. However, I've been active fishing! I got a bunch of friends interested in yak fishing recently and all of them bought kayaks because they loved it so much. Next time one of these happen again I'll spread the word to get more people! Great job setting them up they sound and look like a good time. I could use some new tackle anyway Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: