CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Housatonic Ramp in Derby?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Housatonic Ramp in Derby? Reply with quote

I want to launch my 13 foot Whaler in the Housy. I heard something about a public ramp near where the Naugy comes in. Does anyone know about this ramp? What road do you take to get to it?

Thanks,
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only state ramp Ive ever heard of on the Housy, near the Naugy is the one in that Indian-something Park off Rt 110. not sure if that is what your are looking for...

I know there is one below that, but I think it's town owned, and drawing a total blank right now about what road it is...
sethalopod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you must be referring to the public boat launch beneath the Commodore Hull Bridge(Rt. Cool on the Derby side of the river. You access it from Caroline St. off Main St. in Derby. There is plenty of parking for cars and trucks with trailers. Just watch for pedestrians, as you have to cross the greenway walking path.
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I am going to wait a few days until the water settles back down.
fishing fool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: dont wait Reply with quote

the housy is back to norm i been hammering schoolies wading the ct river is crazy
fishing fool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: o Reply with quote

o and i hope you have 4x4 if you are launching there its not much of a ramp lol
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a 4X4 and the ramp was not too bad compared to some others I have been on. I went in on Monday Apr 5. A little issue getting back on the trailer straight but not really bad.

Current was wild though, and not knowing the river I did not travel too far. Had to keep it about 1/4 throttle just to stay still and the eddies pulling me back upstream were intense. Got hung up on a rock once but no damage.

I marked fish between the bridges just up from the ramp but could not get them to hit. Sad

Is it always like that here, or was it still left over from the rain storms?
fishing fool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: ramp Reply with quote

its still a little fast. i drove up that way im surprised u didnt catch the shore guys been doin ok from a few spots down that way and the mouth has had good action what did you fish with and what was the tide? ive been using green and glow white jigs on lead heads o and be careful going up any further than launch boulder mine field go down river where the naugy and the housy meet or offshore at dam good luck sorry this info would have helped more before your trip hey if you need a guide i work 4 boat access lol im in between boats thinking of selling motorcycle to get little tin can
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using green/white and black/white on a jig head. It was just past low tide. Next time I will go downstream and see how that goes.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: