CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Housatonic river above lake lillinonah
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonydee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Housatonic river above lake lillinonah Reply with quote

Anyone here target pike in the river from lake lillinonah up? I have good luck later in the season for pike, but I'm having trouble finding them/getting them to bite early in the year. I usually throw big spinners( mepps #5/monster killers), large swimbaits, and spinnerbaits.
stripertime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are spwaning now give it a week or 2 and they will bite again
Tonydee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I had a feeling and tried looking for some up shallow, but water has been murky and too high.
stripertime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try new milford from lovers leap up to the dam. west cove is a good spot and so is addis park and the mouth of the still river i think most pike in lilly use that part of the river to spwan in with all the cattials there and they dont go very far when they are done reproducing for about 4-6 weeks
Tonydee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. I was looking in that area for the first time right after ice out with no luck. Unfortunately no one around had any shiners big enough and I did more exploring that day then fishing to be honest. Definetly going back to those areas in a couple weeks. I've always had good luck in the shepaug arm and in the mid sections of the lake. There have been an abundance of 3-5 lb pike the past year due to the DEP stocking the lake, but I'm still waiting on one to top my PB at 11.5lbs which isn't really that big for Lilly.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the current water temps, you'd be better off throwing suspended jerkbaits, such as Rapala Husky Jerk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: