CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Housy fishing... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Housy fishing... Reply with quote

Has anyone seen alot of people keeping undersize fish around derby?
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many have there fishing licenses as well.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday seen 3 spanish guys keeping undersize fish.... thought i should of called t.i.p but didnt have the # on me.....
Bluegill Terminator wrote:
I wonder how many have there fishing licenses as well.
drawnon

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen it a couple of times this week. And I was checked for the first time in my life tonight by Mr. DEP.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday was a good day for me but new people keeping ones to small.... WTF?
drawnon wrote:
I have seen it a couple of times this week. And I was checked for the first time in my life tonight by Mr. DEP.
fishing fool

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate fishing the dam cause of the class of people there they dont even pick up there garbage and no fishing etiquette at all not everyone but 90 percent such a good spot a real shame
Tmac

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont keep undersized fish but 28 inches is ridiculous they need to lower the size limit, there is way to many stripers now and there gonna wipe out other species soon, I remember just a few yrs ago DEP estimated 750,00 stripers in the river now its near 1.5 milllion, the shad bite has all but ended , and honestly guys fishing without a license will always happen nothing you or I can ever do about it, Honestly really who really has a right to charge us to fish anyway, just saying some of these people are broke and need to feed there families so I just mind my business, its guys with Big boats who keep shorts that you should be bothered by, besides when a fishing license is 500$ in 15yrs we will all fish without a license lol.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez LMAO....
Tmac wrote:
I dont keep undersized fish but 28 inches is ridiculous they need to lower the size limit, there is way to many stripers now and there gonna wipe out other species soon, I remember just a few yrs ago DEP estimated 750,00 stripers in the river now its near 1.5 milllion, the shad bite has all but ended , and honestly guys fishing without a license will always happen nothing you or I can ever do about it, Honestly really who really has a right to charge us to fish anyway, just saying some of these people are broke and need to feed there families so I just mind my business, its guys with Big boats who keep shorts that you should be bothered by, besides when a fishing license is 500$ in 15yrs we will all fish without a license lol.
GC101

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drawnon wrote:

me too, nice to see them out there doing their job. Thumbs Up
Tmac

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srry for the paragraph, all im saying is we do not know there situation, so I tend to leave it alone.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was there again today 3 schoolies 1 i kept was 31 inches. All in all good day.
Tmac wrote:
srry for the paragraph, all im saying is we do not know there situation, so I tend to leave it alone.
tjd241

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: just my .02... Reply with quote

The problem is that when you lower the length... the guys who keep undersize fish now will still keep yet smaller fish than they're supposed to.. and more of them. ( Human nature hence the phrase "pushing the limit" ). A body of water I fished locally was pounded and poached for years You'd see guys routinely leaving with fish of all species and sizes every time you fished there. We never turned them in because we thought it was being a rat... no problem it won't hurt anything... Today it's a DEAD body of water and there are NO fish for anyone... You have to put a value on the fish as a resource for everyone to enjoy... set the bar slightly higher than "normal". Regulations are not in place to provide for a food source for folks down on their luck. Remember when pretty much the only saltwater game in town was blues and an occasional striper might be possible? ....... It's just early in the season and shorts abound... They'll get here and licensed anglers will enjoy catching their share of legal keepers.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: just my .02... Reply with quote

The fair share is already out there all you have to do is put in the time and effort. I do remember when the limit was higher and when the did change it think in my time-line they changed it 3 times. Point taken tho....
tjd241 wrote:
The problem is that when you lower the length... the guys who keep undersize fish now will still keep yet smaller fish than they're supposed to.. and more of them. ( Human nature hence the phrase "pushing the limit" ). A body of water I fished locally was pounded and poached for years You'd see guys routinely leaving with fish of all species and sizes every time you fished there. We never turned them in because we thought it was being a rat... no problem it won't hurt anything... Today it's a DEAD body of water and there are NO fish for anyone... You have to put a value on the fish as a resource for everyone to enjoy... set the bar slightly higher than "normal". Regulations are not in place to provide for a food source for folks down on their luck. Remember when pretty much the only saltwater game in town was blues and an occasional striper might be possible? ....... It's just early in the season and shorts abound... They'll get here and licensed anglers will enjoy catching their share of legal keepers.
robby91/2

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you even get a fishing licsence if your not a citizen?
would you know the limits if you didnt speak or read english?
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See that still have issue with but thats another story fishing shouldnt be about. My opinion is you dont belong here dont put yourself at risk.
robby91/2 wrote:
can you even get a fishing licsence if your not a citizen?
would you know the limits if you didnt speak or read english?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: