CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Housy Head Shakers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Housy Head Shakers Reply with quote

Thursday I arrived at Milford Point around 2:30pm. High for Sniffens Point was scheduled for 3:32 and low 9:37.

As the afternoon went on, the bite was very slow. An issue was boat traffic, causing wakes and floating weeds.

When tide started turning, I'd see an occasional splash out by the marker. Landed a 2 pound sea robin with the FLR-10 and got 1 other hit.

As sunset got closer, surfcasters started arriving. That was when the bite turned on. The only people who were into the bite were a flyfisherman, a young guy, and myself. The reason was because the only fish that were hitting were stripers ranging from 6 to 12 inches. No matter what topwaters and bigger swimmers others would throw, they never got a single hit. The young guy was casting with a 2 1/2" Fin-S rigged on a 1/2oz jighead and doing a steady bounce. Those little stripers were making the rod tip shake and they were hitting the lures like a tailor!

Hit the road just after 8:45

1 certain hit I had felt like a possible weakfish. The hit wasn't aggressive, but during it, I felt quick, tight headshaking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: