CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: How can you tell if a tournament is an open or not?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay B

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: How can you tell if a tournament is an open or not? Reply with quote

Looking at the list of tournaments put out by the DEP and I cannot tell which are opens and which are strictly club. Can anybody help me? I really want to fish a few opens, but cannot really find any. Not sure if I can commit to a club, but would still like some fairly serious competition. Any help would be appreciated.
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, Most of those are clubs,,I can keep you posted on opens,,This is not the sight for looking or getting into tournys,,Jim
davezoom2211

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: open tournaments Reply with quote

where can i get good info on upcoming open tourneys????????/
hila2006

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ctfisherman has a little more info on there for tournys, other than tha maybe flippy has some other ideas.
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither site has shit for t's... Thats why ctfishtalk was started to begin with. We had a solid core of 10-15 boaters and there friends who fished and we had opens all the time. The core fell apart and your left with stragglers who got in late or tried to recreate it. Even then a 5-9boat t was the normal.
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It simply fell apart because of all the back outs,,plain and simple,,and the cry babies and also the no shows,,Go back and look at the history of tournaments on this sight and you guys will see what Im talking about,,PERIOD,, I do have some tournys,, but they are not posted,,
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were always no shows and bailers for every t'

Chuck just didnt care and whoever showed showed. We had plenty of 4-5-6boat t's.

The only big ones were bantam and highland, every time. Look back before you came aboard jim. Even saw bailers all last year in BOTH clubs im in... Its just simply part of the game, and thats with paying 100+ dollar a year dues.
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the way it is now,, not many opens due to those reasons,, Chuck did all he could to try to have tournaments and he did a great job,, it gets to the point where its not worth it,, So I think the best thing is to pay money to belong to a club and fish,, some clubs are money clubs and others are point clubs,, there are team clubs and individual,,There are a few opens coming up,, See ya on the water,,
Jay B

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know if "Big Mouth Basser" is running any opens this year? Does anyone run any opens on Gardner or Moodus anymore?
bass tracker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Tourneys Reply with quote

I seen on CT Fishfinder there was someone looking to put together a once a month tourney schedule, check that site under "general discussion". I am looking to fish some low key / fun type open tourneys too, please let me know if someone put something together, I would like to join too.

BT
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,, I would love to put on another one,,the thing is people say they will commit then dont,,some people like saturday tournys and some sundays because of there work,,then its the lake,,or river,, if you guys want,,give me feedback and I WILL PLAN ONE,,,,SOON!!!
Jay B

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy, only weekend I cannot fish is the first weekend in may. Any other time is good for me. I prefer fishing solo or with my own partner. As far as lakes, bantam and highland would be good. Amos is always another option. Kind of hoping for maybe one every two of three weeks. It is extremely hard for ne to fish night tournaments. Just my feedback. Anything you put together is appreciated.
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bantam ,,,Hmmm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: