CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: How Did you hear about CTFishTalk.com? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Did you hear about CTFishTalk.com?
Google
52%
 52%  [ 88 ]
Friend
15%
 15%  [ 26 ]
Another Forum
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Word Of Mouth
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Other
16%
 16%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 168

ctfishingguy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: new member Reply with quote

Heard through email and also through a few people. Good luck on the new site.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder how many e-mail addresses CTFISHTALK got from other websites?? That's almost stealing..

Last edited by P.DONA on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:00 am; edited 3 times in total
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by chuckc on Tue May 08, 2007 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.DONA - Please understand that if other members send out emails we do not have control over that.
If they have friends they want to notify about this site, that is how these sites grow. It will only help our community grow. Lyman has a good point that harassing other people might not be a good approach, but ultimately we can not control everyone in their efforts to see this site grow.

SO having said that lets just move past it...

Happy Fishing Everyone!

Just one more cast...
Dusty

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I head it from this bass I caught the other day....he said somebody posted that he lived in "Lake X" and he was pissed! Wanted me to do my best to make sure all bass get "reported" correctly Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received an email from chuckc. Looks like your emails worked to get a lot of people here. Good job!
packman87

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a friend through word of mouth
daved

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone posted a link posted on NBS. Can't to get the boat in the water and go fishing! Looking forward to our first season on CTFT Exclamation Exclamation
Tom's Marine

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard from Smile a few people. Good luck on the new site.
Parts Dealership & Repair
We sell Boats & Trailers
www.tomsmarinect.com
Capt. Karl

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.DONA, if it'll make you happy I'll give you my last hat. Trust me there not priceless....
I like the sight. alot of people I know. Very Happy
www.seatow.com
TNVolSECLongjumper

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Last evening (while attending a bass fishing seminar at Tournament Force Tackle, (Guilford, CT), I learned from Mark (Just4fun), about this new (free), website.

I've been a member at another site for two years, under the name of CEwing2761. However, they recently announced they're converting to a paid, ($15.75/year, subscription membership). I've learned a lot from that site and plan to continue my membership there, (at least for my 1st year's paid subscription period).

I visited this new site early this morning and decided I'd like to join it as well. I immediately recognized several others here (from the other site), who've already joined. I'd like to go by another name at this new site, therefore I've changed my name to TNVolSECLongjumper.

I'm excited about this new site and believe it has the beginnings of a great one. I just emailed others I believe may also have an interest in joining.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Welcome aboard TN. Smile Smile Can I call you TN.??? Because at my age if I have to type out Tennesee Volunteer Second Long Jumper I will have forgot what what I wanted to say LOL. Very Happy Mr. Green

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
TNVolSECLongjumper

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<< Welcome aboard TN. Can I call you TN.??? Because at my age if I have to type out Tennesee Volunteer Second Long Jumper I will have forgot what what I wanted to say >>

Hey, you guys can call me anything ya want. However, my name is Dewey Ewing. I've been disabled (due to illness), for several years and basically need help when I go fishing. Several guys that I've meet over the past couple years have been kind to help me learn and a few have helped me occasionally get out with my boat.

I may want to change my "Long" name at some point. Can that be done? I was just reflecting back to my (much) younger healthy days, when I competed in the longjump even for UT during the 1967 SEC Championship, Track & Field Meet.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNVolSECLongjumper wrote:
<< Welcome aboard TN. Can I call you TN.??? Because at my age if I have to type out Tennesee Volunteer Second Long Jumper I will have forgot what what I wanted to say >>

Hey, you guys can call me anything ya want. However, my name is Dewey Ewing. I've been disabled (due to illness), for several years and basically need help when I go fishing. Several guys that I've meet over the past couple years have been kind to help me learn and a few have helped me occasionally get out with my boat.

I may want to change my "Long" name at some point. Can that be done? I was just reflecting back to my (much) younger healthy days, when I competed in the longjump even for UT during the 1967 SEC Championship, Track & Field Meet.

Hi Dewey: All is good!!! Smile Just joking about you're handle. I just took a stab at the meaning. Thumbs Up Glad you can still get out to fish. What do you fish for and where do you fish ?? Smile

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
TNVolSECLongjumper

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<< What do you fish for and where do you fish ?? >>

Strictly bass and mainly largemouth. Only been out once, so far this season.
My younger friend Pete drove us and his two boys to Mamanasco for a few hours, in late April. Pete and I also hope to get to Ball pond this month, where we met Jimfish for the first time, last season.
In June, my son's planning to help me. We'll first stop at my sister-in-law's house, in Glenns Falls, NY. Then we'll try to hit Lake Champlain for a few hours the following day. Last season I met a guy named Dale Brown there. He gave me a nice top-water tip. In turn, I introduced his new book to Tournament Force Tackle, where you can now purchase Bass Fishing 101, Lake Champlain, by Dale Brown. I also signed up for Tournament Force's monthly bass classes. So far, I've been able to attend most. They're very informative (especially for someone like me). I can't say enough about these guys. They are extremely knowledgeable and very friendly.

RichZ put me in touch with the guy who made his DS rod. The guy's name is Steve Huber and I'm delighted with the custom rod Steve made for me. I haven't had an opportunity to use it yet, but hope to learn. BTW, I emailed Steve about this new site and he offered the following reply.

"That's a nice looking site, and one that should be nice for you with local information. Did you see one of the sites I own?
It's at http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com and membership there is free too."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: