CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: HOW'S YOUR SEASON BEEN (I KNOW ALOT OF YOU AREN't THROUGH)?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: HOW'S YOUR SEASON BEEN (I KNOW ALOT OF YOU AREN't THROUGH)? Reply with quote

This was the first year in alot that I actually did some saltwater fishing. Hate to say it but it probably will be my LAST! On a scale of 1/10: 10 being the best I would say mine was a -1: if it wasn't for that darn SeaRobin I wouldn't have caught anything. Just wondering how the rest of you made out; I heard from some it was very good and from some like myself that it stunk. cmorjoe
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my best years ever for less common species one of my worse for stripers and fluke. I think the last time i checked i only logged 38 keeper stripers for the year and 15 keeper fluke Sea bass a shade over 200 keepers and countless throwbacks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say mines a 5,we boated 50 keeper fluke 100 or so shorts,many seabass,bluefish was unbelievable,and stripers are so,so.i will have to see what the fall run produces in the thames
Old Mud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DON'T GIVE UP JOE !! I only caught one Tuna so far. And WAY to many Dogfish !! , One Thresher, Many Bluedogs and if it wasn't for the Stripers on my fly rod and ultralite, Would say Crappy season. Again Don't give up !! Very Happy

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
MakoMike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had a very good season. Did very well on the fluke. Pounded the cod for a month until the doggies moved back in. Caught lots of sharks inclusing a half dozen makos. The only disappointment has been the bluefins. We've only caught two schoolies so far this year.
Po'BoyFishin'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say this was my best fluke season ever (size wise)
Honestly I only pulled 2 shorts a majority of my fish were in the 22"-24" range and largest at 27" very few 19". I fluked just about every weekend and some weekdays. I also had a pretty good summer togg bite, as far as other species I cant say I really tried that hard. I think my key this year was home made rigs (fluorocarbon) deep structured water and finesse Cool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say my saltwater season was a 7/10. It would've been a ten if my double digit fluke didn't escape at the boat compliments of a mate who attempted netting it head first. I did set the CTFT record for seabass though Mad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I did set the CTFT record for seabass though "

you should also get an award for the 2nd best avatar on ctft, of course plopplop would be first for obvious reasons. That avatar made me spit beer out my nose and that is a good thing. Very Happy

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: