CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Husky Jerk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Husky Jerk Reply with quote

Sunday afternoon I arrived at Twin Brooks around 1. I moved around covering water, beginning with certain spots that I felt had better chances.

First few stops was where I saw bluegills and cookie cutters hanging out. Threw a number of lures. The only one they were interested in was a yellow perch HJ-6. Did my traditional fall retrieve with it, which resulted in losing a bluegill and bass and landing a 9.5" crappie. Had a pickerel follow the lure, so I casted right back out there where I saw it and did a constant jerking retrieve. First try had the pickerel going nuts and chasing it. Second try and landed it.

The upper pond on the right produced 2 cookie cutters, 1 bluegill, and 2 yellows.

Hit a few spots at the larger pond, which resulted in 2 pickerel come shooting up and setting the hook. Biggest was 15.5" 1 pound 2 ounces..

Hit the road just before 4:30.

Most fish caught and seen were hanging out wherever there were branches hanging in the water and submerged limbs. Small calm inner creeks and coves that had enough depth was where some fish were caught too.

Water temp felt more like early or mid April.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: