CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: I give up on Bigelow!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFishingMedic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: I give up on Bigelow! Reply with quote

I just got back into fishing after 20 years and I have spent most of my time on Bigelow since it's close to my house. I've tried EVERYTHING there, you name it I've thrown it. I've gotten a few here and there but no pattern at all and nothing but 1-2 pounders with the exception of 1 6.3lb LMB that my son caught!

I recently got a Kayak and spent the day hitting the spots I always wanted to fish but could never get to and still noting. It's sad, I love that spot it's so relaxing and quiet and really hate to give it up.

Guess I'll move on to Mashapaug. Anyone have any tips for either of those for kayak fishing?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been waiting to get out on those waters all winter -I think my first float will be SAT - I cannot wait!
chud059

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigelow Hollow park is one of the most relaxing places to fish.... but also the toughest... I fish from shore...it looks like it would be a fish buffet... my best luck comes in late afternoon early evening.. top waters to the left of the boat launch and the other end that kind of looks like a beach. I've never been there at sunrise so I can't give you any updates at that time frame. I fish from the handicap dock and occasionally catch a trout. In the summer it can get weedy from the shore and that kind of sucks. This year I'll probably bring nightcrawlers and try that.

There is a large white rock you can see from the road, to the left of that rock is a tiny shallow cove that you would think would produce with top water or snag proof plastic and it drops down into the main part of the pond, again, I'd like to try live bait near the bottom in that area.

My wife comes with me, we stop at subway a couple of exits before the 190 exit and we use the water pumps at park to drink. We'll walk around mashapaug to the left of boat launch and there is a nice little cove there.. if it's quiet, especially during the week you can catch some fish from the cement dock at the boat launch.

Have you tried morey pond? from shore it sucks but maybe from kayak/canoe it may be productive.
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Bigelow talk has me pumped - I think im
going on SAT
Lforner01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning to go to Mashapaug last weekend But I noticed a sign that kayak and canoe season was Oct to May so I went somewhere else. I didn't understand why they were restricting kayak use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: