CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: i guess this counts>>
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: i guess this counts>> Reply with quote

so i wouldn't call it "the river" but more a stream-

fished in the quinnipiac river in wallingford today with a buddy of mine. figured bass has been slow and haven't seen any trout so we went to a spot where we have been seeing carp. heading out after work for about an hour and fished worms on the bottem on a bolt rig. caught the first one in about 15mins. and afterwards had some hits but had to leave after getting a wicked birdnest in my reel. 10lbs, first carp and personal best fish weight.

got to love cell phone pics.

Last edited by djmon on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking carp.
djmon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, that was one of the ones we were seeing. the sad thing is there was one close to double this atleast and i was unable to go for him due to my reel knotting up. but i'll get him next time.
toptech

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carp are becomin the new gamefish. I go out for them all the time. Not a lot of fish fight as hard in fresh water. Nice work man.
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: DID YOU MEAN CRAP OR CARP? Reply with quote

Your post said crap; and thats how I feel about carp (OK carp lovers here is your chance to jump all over my opinion). In the MANY years I have fished for bass it seems that whenever there are alot of carp there are not many bass around. I have come to the conclusion (be it wrong or right) they do not happily co-exhist. cmorjoe p.s. I am not putting anyone down for fishing for these (in my opinion) icky looking bottom feeders.
toptech

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I wont bash you for hatin on carp. If your bass fishing they are the worst thing in the world. So to an extent I agree with you. They a fun to hook on a trout rod with 4lb test though...... Wink
fishmedik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: nice carp Reply with quote

nice job!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job,..nice fish! Nothing wrong with catching carp if that's what you're targeting and don't worry about the big one,...it'll be there waiting for you next time that you go! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: