CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: I have an idea for the Site to help it out
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TackleMaker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: I have an idea for the Site to help it out Reply with quote

I have been on a few sites and eventually they had become pay sites. i have an idea and it did work on another site I had belonged to. How about we acton off stuff. meaning the members give there stuff on a special board. start the aution either wih a reserve or no reserve. and people Bid on it. when someone wins it the money goes directly to the site to help with its upkeep and to even make it better. ?? I think it can be a great thing. and the stuff doesn't have to be just fishing stuff it can be anything with the exception of Illegal things. Does this sound like a good idea? there are few things that have to be under stood. like how to get the item after payment and make sure it is sent ect.. but I really think this would fly. i know I have some stuff around that I could auction off. and by the way it doesn't have to be expensive stuff can be as little as a couple dollars to somehting really expensve. it doesn't really matter.. If I have over stepped my boundries I am sorry just throwing somehting out there that might do some good. Laughing Question Idea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it could work, somebody would have to set up the paypal links and such. I don't know anything about that sort of stuff and what it costs to set up, but anything is possible.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interesting idea, would have to think about the best method to implement it.

I would like to stress that we will never charge for this site. We began this site because another site decided to charge it's users which disgusted us. It is a community discussion board and is as much yours as ours. We provided the domain and board while our members have made the site what it is.

Again, thank you for the idea and I will look into this avenue a bit.

-Reggie
TackleMaker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: glad for the no charge Reply with quote

I think i was a member of the site that went to a pay site. and its nice to know this site will never charge. However, it would be nice to try and help out with some of the incured expenses. and could be fun as well. doing auctions for different stuff. used and new. anything at all except for illegal. the donors would have to know all funds made would go directly to the site. not back to them. I think it could be fun. If you need some help let me know I can donate some time. especially in the winter months.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Great idea TM !!! Reply with quote

I think that is a great idea. But we have to make sure they are ALL donations. We don't want our founders to be caught up in a TAX situation.
An auction sounds good because it would let the people that want help or can help do so. and like TM said even small things, Used or new that only fit in an envelope would be ok.

I'm sure not everyone could donate, but to me that is perfectly acceptable. I have seen these times myself and understand.
I can probably find some things (like 200# mono or stuff like that) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Count me IN !! Cool

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a good idea.

Just double check with the state, local and feds on the taxes etc. I been down this road before, What a nighmere.

We might have to become a non-profit org, or brother-hood or what ever. Either way forms and many of them will have to be filed.

Good luck..

Count me in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: I think if its not for profit Reply with quote

then I doubt there would be much of a problem. if there is an excess at the end of the year maybe a small get together with all extra funds going towards food or whatever??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: