CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: I jumped ship
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: I jumped ship Reply with quote

Hello All, My name is Gary, and I mostly fish for freshwater large and smallmout bass. I used to do some saltwater fishing in years past, but now with kids, and much less free time, I strictly fish bass tournaments. I came over from the other site, and cannot believe how slow it has gotten. I see a lot of familiar names with avatars. I also hope to contribute to this site as I did on the other, although with a new house, a fixer -upper, and a 3 year old, I don't get out to fun fish much anymore. Tight lines all
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!!! We will be having ALOT of tourneys going on in the spring so stay tuned Very Happy
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum,..great to have you on here!
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME ABOARD Gary !!! Laughing Enjoy a Great site, A 3 year old sounds like a good fishing buddy soon !! Cool Cool

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcomes.

Sevnseat, the few times I got out to fun fish this past season, were at Lower Bolton, no jet skis or boat traffic to deal with, with the 6hp restriction. Also only a 20 minute ride from home, saves gas both in the boat and the truck.

Plopplopfizzfizz, I love your avatar, Is she high maintenance, or are you one of the lucky few? LOL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Mud, he will be out with me alot in the years to come. I can only hope he falls in love with fishing as I have.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site Gary. We'll have plenty of tournaments for you in the spring.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeeterjim, I hope my schedule allows me to get out and fish more next season, than I did this past. I currently fish the Empty Lake Bass Cub, and am a long standing member, about 12years. I also pick up a few tourneys with the Big Mouth Bassers every season as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slimecoat, I believe we all think we could/should fish more often than we do now. Unfortunately we all have to work for a living which takes away from our play time. Hope to see you at some tournaments next season. I see we are neighbors since you are from Newington also.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
Slimecoat, I believe we all think we could/should fish more often than we do now. Unfortunately we all have to work for a living which takes away from our play time. Hope to see you at some tournaments next season. I see we are neighbors since you are from Newington also.

HA HAAA, Just a quick correction here Jim. We don't ALL have to work for a living, Some of us are Way past that part of our lives. Wink Wink Wink Unfortunatly for some of us old guys, we worked long and hard and like you say never had enough time for fishing. And some of us didn't pay attention to the retirement thing until it was to late. So now we have the TIME but not the MEANS. So looking back i say GO FISHING !! everything else will work itself out !! Cool Cool Cool

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: