CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: i need help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: i need help Reply with quote

I broke my hand and now im left using my weak arm/hand.
Have any of you fished basically with one hand?

If so how the heck did you manage doing so

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about the break, maybe try using your feet? Smile
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then i would need to take my shoes or boots off which is a pain =P

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I have are you wearing a hard cast on broken hand?

If so you can make a rod holder like I did you will still need to cast off hand but can reel in normaly

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

partial cast at the moment

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I fell for ya. Been there twice. Once shattered my whole index finger with a hammer, 2 operations and 2 casts later, but I figured out how to fish. Mine was my left arm, so not my casting hand, it was a pain, but c'mon, it's fishing Laughing Also broke both bones in my forearm camping, full cast to my elbow. That was a little harder, but got it done. You'll figure a way.
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer about the fracture. Spinning seems easy enough....It's our advantage of an opposable thumb that seems to be the issue. Not much grab with ortho-glass keeping it in place. I could glass an ugly stick to your cast if ya want. Try zip tying the rig to your cast where you have a finger to access the line. I've got a Marine buddy I served with that is missing an arm, and a hoof. He is a fishing machine, and skis in the winter. Im sure you can work it out. Casting isnt the biggest problem guys complain about if they're without their dominant hand for 6 weeks!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've put this on here somewhere before but it is worth watching again...

Link
Fisherman100

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Got an idea Reply with quote

I got a great idea, if you use your left hand to reel, you can put the butt of the rod under your armpit, and use your broken hand wrist to hold the rod up. to cast you can buy a sling shot or just throw it. or as i do, (lol) buy a rc boat and drive it out then yank the rod to free the line from the boat. use atwistie tie to hold the line but dont twist it too tight, tie one end to the boat, and make a small loop on the other end like a hook but not to big, open hook shape. so you can yank the line free. there ya go
Facebook.com/LorenzoNReyes
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well sence its partly a hard cast I made a sleve out of a piece of 4in pvc pipe I could slide my arm into with a 1 1/2 t adapter on it and straper it down with velcro then glued a 1 1/2 t-fitting to the adapter hole ....I would cast off hand then slip the rod into 1 1/2 T fitting as a rod holder worked like aces I could reel in normaly even work the rod fairly well if you need more info I could help you...... think all the part was less than 20$ total .......

P.S if your fingers are working well enough to release the line in a cast I can make 1 that you wount need to cast off hand for also Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in a cast now
i can some what cast with my left arm and reel with my right. if i could get out more im sure it will be easier
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: