CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: I was Limited
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: I was Limited Reply with quote

Get to Mondo Pond Saturday around 1:15pm to find about 90% of both ponds covered with very skim ice.

Walked around the main pond to see where I could cast. Hit a number of spots but didn't get into anything no matter what I threw.

Later I go to the same spot I got the crappie at last time. Landed a 9.5" crappie on the Lightning Shad and a pickerel around a pound on the helsinki shad HJ-8.

Hit a number of other spots at the small pond and landed 2 more slime darts around a pound. 1 came on the HJ-8 and the other on the purple nurple XRSH-6. Eventually got the HJ-8 snagged on a branch in the water.

Once it was almost 4pm I started heading back to my bike and hit a few more areas. Had a swipe on the XRSH-6 and a quick sharp hit on a spinner.

I'm hoping this rainy, mild, humid weather does a job on the water.
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you living around here now or something? you always fishing mondo now.
i went there saturday after milford res just seeing if i could throw my kayak in on sunday but it was iced over behind the school

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
you living around here now or something? you always fishing mondo now.

Mondo has better action than Twin Brooks Park. Twin Brooks used to be great fishing but things have slowed down over the past few years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: