CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: ice fishing trip in milford CT.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marchesejack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: ice fishing trip in milford CT. Reply with quote

i am an avid fisherman and am now trying out ice fishing for the first time. i went today at walkers pond in milford ct and had no luck. i normally catch plenty of huge bass there in the springm summer, and fall. there are also sunny and catfish in this pond. even way out in the middle it porbably gets no deeper than 10 feet. i fished around the whole pond to day with no luck. i used about every ice fishing lure in my arsenol with just about every color. i used berkley maggots, i wanted to use wax worms, but no one seems to have them. so with such shallow and tainted water, what tips can i use to catch theese guys. i should be getting a fishing camera or vexilar sometime soon but how can i catch them in the mean time. thank you.
bumbala357

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: ice fishing trip in milford CT. Reply with quote

marchesejack wrote:
i am an avid fisherman and am now trying out ice fishing for the first time. i went today at walkers pond in milford ct and had no luck. i normally catch plenty of huge bass there in the springm summer, and fall. there are also sunny and catfish in this pond. even way out in the middle it porbably gets no deeper than 10 feet. i fished around the whole pond to day with no luck. i used about every ice fishing lure in my arsenol with just about every color. i used berkley maggots, i wanted to use wax worms, but no one seems to have them. so with such shallow and tainted water, what tips can i use to catch theese guys. i should be getting a fishing camera or vexilar sometime soon but how can i catch them in the mean time. thank you.
Maybe you should use some medium shiners on some tip ups that usually produces well for bass lots of smallies on Candlewood on shiners.Use a #6 hook or so and hook shiner behind the dorsal and drop in the hole maybe 1 small split shot to get him down to depth!!Set tip ups at different depths also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: