CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: Ice ????????
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Ice ???????? Reply with quote

Hi,

Well just looked at 3 of the exended monthly Wx reports and it doesn't bode well for decent/reliable ice to form between now and Christmas.

Yes! We're going to get the next 2 days of cold Wx, but 2 days isn't enough.
After the 2 cold days -> daytime temps are going back up into the 40's.

We will have a week of cold daytime temps, that will be at or below freezing, starting the day after Christmas.

Patience is the key word here! The decent/reliable ice will come!

Stay Safe,
SeaDog1
Dave N.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Seadog, well the ice situation, or lack therof, is having a serious effect on my physical health! Mental instability mostly. Last night at dinner I reached into my glass of cola and proceded to drill a 5/8" hole into an ice cube. Shocked I looked through the hole and figured,well, the ice was about 2" thick. So i proceded with caution and gently stepped onto the ice(cube) and wouldn't you know it....THE ICE CRACKED!!! Shocked Luckily my wife was nearby and she shot me a safety line! She pulled me out of harms way and after i regained my composure i just thought to myself "what if she hadn't been there" i could have gotten seriously killed!!! That was actually the first time i had ever broken through ice and believe me i hope it's the last!!! Wink
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

SeaDog1
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seen warm temps 45-50 for next week

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Forecasts Reply with quote

As stated by many in the weather industry a forecast beyond 3 days is random at best!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: