CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Impressive catch!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Impressive catch!! Reply with quote

So me and a buddy of mine got out friday night out of old saybrook on the river. Had no such luck for the night. The current was absolutely ridiculous. So we decided to head out to the Long Sand Shoal and try our luck there. No such luck there as well until daybreak.
Around 6 or so, we noticed a lot of commotion and started chasing birds. We hit a couple blues up to maybe 24 inches. Nothing major. As the action picked up, my buddy gotta loop in his line. Trying to get it out, it snapped at the loop, the remaining line flying out with great speed.
Having quick reflexes, he snatched the line out of mid-air, saving his spoon and his leader and about 50 yards of line, all while i was casting around searching for the schools.
As he was pulling all his line in by hand, I noticed the blues started blitzing right behind the boat! I warned him, and as I did, I hooked up with one. Then right after, so did he... on the line not attached to a rod, but in his hands. Some quick thinking and he wrapped his hands in his sweatshirt and i stuck my rod in a rod holder with the fish still on it. He managed to pull his fish in on braided line, where i netted it. To my surprise, my fish never came off. Landed him too!
We decided to head over to hatchets reef where we hooked up with some more schooling blues, much smaller ones. The delicious ones. Very Happy
Thank god for GPS, because the fog was really bad. Couldn't see land, buoys, anything. It all looked the same. Came home with 18 blues, releasing a whole lot more.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
fishingkid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What baits and/or lures did you catch those blues with?
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch there!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like they threw spoons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: