CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Innovative live well
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott M

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Innovative live well Reply with quote

Hey all,

Fishing a couple of the shark tournaments this year and trying to come up with an easy inexpensive way to keep 5-6 bluefish alive. My father in law suggsted hooking up a raw water pump to a capped piece of 6" PVC pipe and letting water build up in the tube and flowing out an overflow valve on the back end. He said we could stack the fish in their head to toe. He says the water flowing in and out of each of their gills will keep them alive for 6-8 hours.

Has anybody ever done anything like this before? Or have any better suggestions for me?

Scott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read of kayakers towing a fish "cage" made of PVC, flotation foam and netting behind their boats. It probably wouldn't tow well over five miles per hour, though. Laughing

Last edited by PECo on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Innovative live well Reply with quote

Scott M wrote:
Hey all,

Fishing a couple of the shark tournaments this year and trying to come up with an easy inexpensive way to keep 5-6 bluefish alive. My father in law suggsted hooking up a raw water pump to a capped piece of 6" PVC pipe and letting water build up in the tube and flowing out an overflow valve on the back end. He said we could stack the fish in their head to toe. He says the water flowing in and out of each of their gills will keep them alive for 6-8 hours.

Has anybody ever done anything like this before? Or have any better suggestions for me?

Scott

Google "Tuna Tube." Should give you some ideas. What are you fishing on? Cheapest way is a plastic 55 gallon drum with a circulator.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Scott M

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 34 luhrs convertible Small cockpit more of a cruiser so we are trying to keep the amount of space needed to a minimum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: