CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Input wanted - Next CTFishTalk Field Day Tournament ? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill fish any of those as long as there is about $3,000 to win and someone else pays for gas. Im sure most of the guys would love to but if you want to just have a fun day without spending tons of money, we have no other choice.

Remeber that when you vote in November.

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Justin, I too am not going to drive to candlewood unless there is some serious money in it, unless the Govt. does something about the current gas prices. I think most guys are fishing closer to home these days. I'm not going to drive more than an hour to fish this year, just cant do it financially. Oh wait, didn't I just get back from Winni a month ago. That's where my gas money went this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy, get a permit and run one. I can see the signup now:

Lake Champlain CTFT Tournament
$25 entry, best five fish

Be realistic man, people arent afraid of candlewood...they just cant drive close to 2 hours for the chance at winning 100 bucks...thats insane! Not to mention getting a permit for Candlewood right now for a daytime summer tournament is next to impossible.

Not to mention the 1billion other boats out there.

And to your question about always seeing other boats fishing: Thats where the skill comes into play Wink Wink

People in CT dont realize how skilled they are, fishing in such pressured lakes you develop into a much better angler!

When i had my Tin Can trail...which was VERY successful at producing tournies with 10+ boats..we always fished small bodies of water and we all had a great time. People were open with comments on the lake, you fish by someone and ask how they are doing have a little chat, yada yada...

if these are truly about "competition and fun" then it should be on small lakes where there is an even field. If there was a tourny on Candlewood many of us with the smaller boats are at an extreme disadvantage. Thats not true on the smaller lakes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Candlewood Reply with quote

Well Im not going to sit and complain It does make sense with gas going the way it is, Anyway Dusty I did have a tourny last fall on candlewood and had 28 boats!!
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gas was also $2.50 a gallon...............

CT RIVER
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet this fall i will at least get 15 boats even if gas is 5 a gallon, I will tell you that you have to announce more of a tourny other than this sight, Justin you know there are a lot of talkers on this sight and talk is cheap, by the way what happened to your stratos?
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I agree with that. Lots of talkers.....

As for my Strat....... My high pressure fuel pump went. Im having it rebuilt now. A new one is over $800.....kinda sucks Hopefully it will be running again soon....

CT RIVER
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, maintenance on these rigs can really suck, I just had all new gaskets put in my lower unit and that hurt as for the next tourny are these non-boaters going to have to chip in for fuel? I think thats fair considering its our rigs, the towing out there, etc Some of these guys jump on some of these rigs and dont give a hoot, never mind the huge tackle bags they bring with them and 10 fishing rods, I look at guys that do that and laugh, I call them I dont know what the hell im throwing today but I pretty much have it covered, then they throw a rubber worm all day, I dont get it but I deal with it.
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sure are expensive..... I am going to leave that between the boaters and non-boaters to deal with on their own. I would hope that the non-boaters would be concious of the expenses and would help pitch in. Im sure many of the guys will offer.

CT RIVER
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary brought cabelas with him last week,my gas milage went dowen drastilcally due to his amount of taclke!! Laughing
flippy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya John, that was funny,I never saw that much for a non boater.But in Garys case, he had everything possible 2 catch 3 fish of course all you really needed was a jig and tube maybe a topwater and a spinnerbait.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your just jealous! LOL

I was a boy scout, I always come prepared.

Truthfully, I am almost always fishing out of somebody else's boat, and lugging tackle back into my basement is a nightmare, so I keep it all in one huge tackle bag, to cut down on the trips back and forth to my basement. I hate to scale back, I always need something when I don't bring it. As for my rods, I hate constantly re tying it wastes too much time, so I usually have 8 rods rigged with different baits, some rods are special to certain baits or technique.

Not that I owe anybody an explanation, but I thought I would clarify this with you ball busters. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be extraordinarilly rude of a non-boater not to offer gas money or to pay the boaters tournament fee for letting them jump on board. Gas isn't the only operational expense of a boat (oil, maintenance, insurance, etc.). In our club it's a minimum $25 and if we're fishing at Candlewood or Lillinonah, a lot of guys offer more - which is a nice gesture.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree T shan, I always offer to give gas money to my boater, even if it's my best friend in our club tournaments. I usually make our lunch, and spot the entry fee too. It's the right thing to do!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slimecoat your right, always be prepared, it sucks, but really how many baits are you really going to throw, and then you end up throwing 1 bait. Been there it sucks, especially if its been pouring rain all day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: