CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Is Anybody Fishing Anymore? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Is Anybody Fishing Anymore? Reply with quote

Is anybody getting out and fishing anymore? This site has been dead for a month, and it's not even close to the frozen season. It is the same 10 people posting fishing reports all the time.

Is everybody on vacation, bogged down with work or school, or has the economy hampered fishing trips?

Let's not let the wheels fall off the bus! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

My kids sports have slowed me down. Jim and I try to get out more after work or later in the day.

Ron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, I didn't mean you guys. You are one of the guys who always posts when you get out to fish. I also have not been on the water as much as I used to be. Just too much other crap clogging up the weekends and weeknights for that matter. But when I do get out I always post a report. It just seems to me with all the members on this site, that they must get out and never post anything, or they are armchair fisherman and Lurkers. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 infant and a 3 year old + no boat has definitley made it tougher to get out there. I am jonsing to fish. Can't wait for the Candlewood tourney.

Justin
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass,

I would love to be in the Cady Turny. Not a good weekend for me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never fished candy so it should be fun.

Justin
pdcrack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea Gary, its with mixed feelings that I started my last year of classes this week. Im hoping to get out on a pond locally in Jersey with a buddy tomorrow or this weekend, ill post a report if I do as always.

-Best of luck to you all
Old Mud

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, i think a lot of these guys are young uns like crack. OK so not all quite as young. Very Happy Very Happy young guys seem to have it a little tougher with the economy now.
(How am i doing so far Crack) ?? you know with young family's and all. Two people working to make ends meet and add to that Sports that seem to be such a part of today's agenda. Seems life was a lot simpler for me. wake up on the boat, Work your a$$ off for 14 to 16 hours, get 4 hours sleep and wake up and do it all again. As hard as that sounds it was not all that bad.

After about 3 days of that you were a Zombie, things just all fell into place. no worries about Wife, kids, baseball, Nannys or anything except on that boat !! When do we fill the hold so we can get home !! All that so you can get a Shower, Have a few beers, Get the gal upstairs and turn around and do it all again !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

OOPS, off tract. OK so there are the really Old guys. Shocked OK so ME !!!! I really do fish, and do like this site but realize most of you are sweet water fisherman. I am a retired Commercial Tuna fisherman. (You don't want to see some of the fish that i have caught. ) LOL. Very Happy I am not here to steal anybody s thunder or bust anybody's chops. I think it's all Cool you can go out and catch fish and have the camaraderie of a great bunch of guys with something in common.

The reason i like this site is i see some of these guys with the Passion that i have in fishing. the only difference is they have to cope with a lot more distractions than i have had. I understand this and accept it for what it is.( A changing of the guards.) someone has to "watch the store" Carry on the fight to make sure the species you target will be available for your children.

OOPs !! Off Again. Embarassed You know what i mean !!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Nickp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been hitting cwood like a mad man. Seen ryan out there a few times. 1/2dozen trips/after work in 12 days. Went to zoar this afternoom for a change of pace. Still fishing AWESOME. Seems like the place is chock full of 2-3lb fish (only my third time there)

Tryed to not stick any. Couple bites were so vicious I had to set the hook (reaction) and all three were over 3lbs.... I wont see one of those fish saturday.
WishinIWasFishin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't made it out much this year and when I do I haven't caught much. Writing a report about not catching is like pouring salt in the wound Smile

I'll try though...

"Hey guys, I went fishing at Crystal the other day and got the big ol skunk, it was HUGE. I can't wait to go back and catch it again"

Okay, so I'm a little bitter that fishing this year has kicked me in the rear. Mentally I've switched over to hunting mode since it's the first time in 4 years (out of state college) that I can go.

Maybe the hunting crowd will pick up a little more this year?
Old standby push button
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a tough time getting out and doing any fishing the last month. A lot going on and every time I plan to head out it seems like something else comes up.
Stratos17

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me its been work. I have been working twice as hard to make things happen. My afternoons have been full. The weekends, forget it. There always seems to be something going on. Finally I was able to do some camping with the family. Did a little fishing there.

Looking forward to fishing Candy this weekend. I have only fished there one other time. It would be nice to catch a few to weigh in
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound like a poor economy based reality check for the most part. That sucks, I hope you guys get through this crappy recession we are in, and can stick some fish next season. I too haven't been out fun or practice fishing much at all this year, too much other stuff going on. I'll post my tournament reports as usual though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoar after work today. Fished for 4 hours. 1 2.5lber on a pegged ozmo. Headed to candlewood tomorrow after a stop at dmv. Im sure ryan will be out there Laughing
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me its mostly work from May all the way till the end of August every day with one day off, and it usually rained. Then its college the rest of the year. Also I've been getting into powerlifting, which takes up 2 to 3 hours Mon-Fri. Usually if I skip a workout and go fishing I don't catch nothing, and if I have time after a workout and time before work I head out, but usually pick up nothing to brag about. I miss going fishing everyday, but the gains I make in the gym every single day (WITHOUT STEROIDS) are very impressive, as well with the action from the ladies... Laughing Now when I say "hey you want to see my pet bass"? They all come over my house to look... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: