CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: IS IT JUST ME OR??????? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: IS IT JUST ME OR??????? Reply with quote

Has there been a lack of posts on this site as a whole? If you look at the views they are in the double digits but the posts are few and far between.
I'm beginning to wonder if there is going to be anyone turning out next Sunday for the first Ct Fishtalk outing.
Come on boys an girls the fishing is way too good for there to be just minimal activity here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quint, It's funny you should mention this topic, I have been feeling this way for weeks now.

I have 6 boats signed up for the 1/2 day lunker tournament. I wish there was more interest, I would love to get at least 10 to 15 boats. I am planning to hang out and eat with who ever shows up for the field day picnic afterward, my wife and son are coming for the weigh in and food afterward as well.
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may make it for both but can't commit yet. I have noticed posting has slowed alot. Confused
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what are the reasons? people not fishing, people not like the site, people lazy? people not taking boats out due to fuel costs?. im not sure whats up...

Just one more cast...
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a idea.
Write down every IP address .Find out who they are and then go to every lurkers house and stare in there windows like they do to this site.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or go to their houses and and pull a Jay and Silent Bob.

I'm not sure how to post a poll. Can someone post a poll to see what the deal is here? There will probably be 200 views and 7 responses but it's worth a shot. This site could be an awesome fishing community if the participation was there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be with the price of gas going up every damn week that people are not going fishing as often as they'd like. Me, I just take my smaller boat rather than the Skeeter more often. Won't stop me from fishing. If I have to I will mount a sailing mast on my jonboat and take advantage of the windy days. Very Happy Seriously I think times are getting tough for some people with the economy and all and they're more concerned about whether they will still have a job rather than where they will go fishing the coming weekend.
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gas prices may have something to do with it,but history shows in the worst of times "fishermen" always find a way to go.Wether it be parking the boat and fishing from shore or just sticking to local waters we find a way. As far as the job thing goes, by not thinking about where or when they will be fishing over the weekend or at night after work and sitting home on weekends worrying about wether or not you will have a job come Monday morning isn't going to secure their jobs any longer than normal IMHO.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true! Why worry about something you have no control over.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, !!! Good post Quint.

I can tell you why I haven't posted here. I HATE YOU ALL !!!!

LOLOL. OK All kidding aside. Of the 15 or so fishing sites i am part of i have only posted on one in the last couple of months. TIME is one reason. Spring and early summer is the only time i have to make some money to go fishing the rest of the season. Health is another. Bad back, Knees etc. arthritis Suck$, but beats the hell out of the alternative. Sometimes a person just gets Down with the way things are going and doesn't want to talk about it. (Not the site)

Although I don't fresh water fish anymore I do fish the salt. I thought from the git go this site was a good one, This has not changed !!! it's still a great site with some dam good people. NO BASHING !!! not many sites can boast about that. Keep up the great work , I'm watching you !!! Wink Cool Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
WishinIWasFishin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel costs? What are those? I have a canoe

Very Happy

I can't imagine fuel for boats, I use enough just to get there
Old standby push button
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for 1 am not getting out and fishing any more or less than I have in the past few years. Fuel prices have not stopped me from fishing my tournaments every other weekend, I'm definately feeling the financial pinch like everybody else, but I won't let that stop my fishing, it's my passion, my mental heath day.

The fun fishing has dropped off for me, due to my 3 year olds arrival and the purchase of an older home. I think everybodys calendars get clogged up with other summer stuff like vacations, weddings, graduations, etc., I think that these types of things keep myself and others off the water more than anything.

I always post our Empty Lake Bass Club tournament reports, and the few times I've gotten out to fun fish this season, I've posted those outings as well. Always with the intent that maybe some information I share, will help other anglers catch more fish.

I think this site is great, and I look forward to putting some new faces with your screen names at the CTFishTalk Field Day Tournament next week.

Keep up the good work all, and keep posting those reports.

CTFishTalk Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
I always post our Empty Lake Bass Club tournament reports, and the few times I've gotten out to fun fish this season, I've posted those outings as well. Always with the intent that maybe some information I share, will help other anglers catch more fish.
CTFishTalk Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said!!
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mud I was on the Cape fishing last weekend and saw some small giants they were travelers so hopefully they will be heading your way. One of the harpoon boats in the marina had 5 fish in the 250-400# class going to market on Saturday.
Great to seee some activity hope to see some of you guys next week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quint's Revenge wrote:
Hey Mud I was on the Cape fishing last weekend and saw some small giants they were travelers so hopefully they will be heading your way. One of the harpoon boats in the marina had 5 fish in the 250-400# class going to market on Saturday.
Great to seee some activity hope to see some of you guys next week.

I booked a 6 man charter baot leaving from Rock Harbor in Orleans on July 2nd. As you know, I am a "Sweetwater fisherman" so I don't know what my odds are for catching anything. Hopefully, I break my streak. I have never caught a saltwater fish in my life. This will be my 4th attempt. I hope the streak ends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: