CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Is there a fishing restriction between now and opening day? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Is there a fishing restriction between now and opening day? Reply with quote

I noticed a couple of post that said something like I wanted to get out one last time before opening day. Does the DEP restrict fishing in lakes from 4/1 - till opening day? Does it apply to all lakes or just certain ones?

Justin
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only lakes stocked with trout. Different lakes have different regulations. Check the anglers guide:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/fishing/anglers_guide/anguide.pdf
CTBASSIN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most guys were talking about Candlewood since it is closed until opening day

Fitzwater Lures- Best custom jigs on the market
http://www.fitzwaterlures.com/

American Bass Anglers Draw Tournament Trail
CT Division 6
www.abadivision6.com
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see a couple of places in there that I like to fish during the spring... I've caught trout in these places before.... does this mean I should just go fish there or is that pushing my luck. Because if it doesn't say in the anglers guide.... then how am I supposed to know?
dave_376

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like stated earlier it only effects lakes with stocked trout. check the dep web site http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2696&q=322688&depNav_GID=1630 and look at the lakes you want to fish if there is a closed season "Season: Open 6:00 am 3rd Saturday April-last day February" if no closed season it wont say anything
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass addict, that is 1 reason I chose Lower Bolton to have the Ice Out Benefit Tournament, because there are no trout in that particular lake. Almost all lakes that are stocked with trout, are off limits until the 3rd Saturday in April. It's been that way since the last supper. Like others have already said, look in your CT anglers guide, or call or check the DEP website to see if a certain lake is off limits right now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's such bull isnt it..... Let's close almost every good lake during the best time of the season.....FOR TROUT... Rolling Eyes I dont even give a crap about those things....The state should make the lakes they do put those shit fish in catch and release only during this time of year instead of basically shutting down the use of my fishing lisence and THE BOAT LAUNCHES I PAY FOR............ I'd love to be able to go to Coventry the next few weekends and smash big smallies on jerkbaits but I cant because of a bunch of over priced, horrible tasting trout. The state wastes so much freakin money on those things and most of them die by june. And BTW....I was thinking about this.... Why the hell is the state wasting my money putting trout into Candlewood when those bastards that live around the lake are trying to run us out?? Something isnt right there......

HEY GOV. JODY.....SAVE OUR MONEY!! KILL THE TROUT AND GIVE THEM TO THE SOUP KITCHEN!!
toptech

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Justin......!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of places to still go fishing now,..Pachaug, Mansfield, Moodus, Pickeral, Powers, Bantam & Bolton to name a few!! Wink
toptech

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mansfield is closed...just as a warning. The rivers flowing into it are stocked so they say that there is trout in the lake. Which there isnt cause the few pike that are in there take care of that...haha. But I think all the others mark said are all good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh,..who'da figured that?? Thanks TT!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, You're such a buzz kill!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said Justin. Wait till the double the fishing license next year. I never caught a trout in my life nor would I fish for them.

Justin
Justin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a damper on your trout-trashing party...but what do you think all those fat bass love to eat? Sure there are other things they could probably do with the money rather than stock trout for jerkers or meat-eaters, but it gives hungry bass a lovely meal to kick off the season.
brennan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Justin:

The lakes in CA that have the records in them stock weekly as feeder fish....think of the pigs in candy if they dumped 6in fingerlings in there weekly!!!!!!

But, not going to happen so I a with Tralli...Look at Champlain during the C+R period...killer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: