CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: It Took a While
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: It Took a While Reply with quote

Thursday afternoon I arrived at Seaside around 1:30. Low tide was 2:38. Winds were a steady 10 to 15 southeast. Winds eventually became a light SSW before becoming a steady 10 to 15 east around sunset.

Throughout the afternoon into the early evening I never got a single explosion and the only signs of blues were small splashes by snappers.

Later as sunset got closer, I was keeping an eye on gulls in 1 area. As they kept going for peanut bunker in the same spot and it was just about sunset, I went to see what was going on. When I get to the spot I find blues were just starting to move in. The blues weren't blitzing. Instead, they were circling the bait and occasionally splashing and jumping in 1 tight school in different spots in the same area. This time they weren't being aggressive on the SSP-12 like they have been. The retrieve was a traditional steady stop and go instead of the fast reeling and nice jerk. During the frenzy I only got 2 explosions and landed a 6 pound tailor. Later once it was mostly dark out and the frenzy had stopped, I got 4 more explosions and landed another tailor the same size.

Hit the road around 7:30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: