CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: jiggin rod/reel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hookt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: jiggin rod/reel Reply with quote

last time out the wind grabbed the lid of my sled and i lost my jiggin rod. the reel was a cheapy but the rod was a homemade favorite of mine! i'm looking to get a rod reel set to replace it but don't know much about them. i dont mind spending a few bucks for something i will have for a long time. can someone point me in a good direction?
billybass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hookt they have great deals at cablas between 25$ and 60$ ,U cant go wrong.Even at dicks they have some real nice setups , but I bet nothing can replace the the the homemade one. Laughing
hookt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right! i made that rod out of one of my late father`s broken down rigs. but any way thats the way that goes. thanks for the info i`ll be checking those spots out.
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UglyStik makes a decent little ice outfit. Wont break your bank, and is durable, like the big ugly stiks.... so you are less likely to break off the tip, when it gets twisted among your tips, or buckets in your sled. like the other dude said, Cabelas or Dicks usually has em.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: