CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: July 25th CT RIVER Results Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: July 25th CT RIVER Results Reply with quote

What a great bunch of people to fish with. This site really has some of the nicest most decent fisherman in CT! Thank you to all who came out to fish and have fun! I had a terriffic time! Thanks also to Chuck and Ryan for bringing the scale and the grill! Without you guys the day wouldnt have been as enjoyable!

The water was high, muddy and colder than a few days ago. Obviously, these arent the best conditions but we had a lot of nice fish caught including the possible CT State Record northern pike. (once I get the pictures off my phone, I will post them) Dino (icFish) and I caught this fish on a jig out of one of he back waters. Those who saw the pictures of this fish will agree that it was HUGE. It measured almost 50 inches and weighed close to 35lbs. Under some coaxing from me, he decided to let the monster go with no more than a memory and a couple bad pictures. It was truly the fish of a lifetime we will never forget.

Here are the results for the tournament:

1) Justin Tralli & Icfish - 5 fish - 14.32lbs ($300.00)
2) NX882 & Bass Addict - 5 fish - 12.32lbs ($150.00)
3)Chuck C & Ryan G - 5 fish - 11.24lbs
4) TMAC & Riverhack - 5 fish - 5.12lbs
5) Just4Fun & PdCrack - 2 fish - 2.40lbs
6) Puddy58 & Bret - 1 fish - 1.56lbs

Phish, Senko Bandit, TMAC SR, JMAC, & Rob Liss rounded out the rest.

Lunker: Justin Tralli & icfish - 3.99lbs ($90.00)

Thank you all for coming! It was so nice spending the day with all of you! Pete, thanks for driving all the way up here just to fish with us! I hope you make it up again in the Fall!!!

Best Regards!

- Tralli

Last edited by Justin Tralli on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting the tourny on justin and it was a great time.It was my first time fishing the river so it was a tough day but still enjoyable.Thanks to chuck and ryan for bringing the grill.The cook out after the tourny was great.Great food and great people can't ask for more than that. Thanks Phish for having me aboard your boat.I had a blast and congrats to the winners.Oh yeah I saw the pics of that pike it was HUGE!
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice seeing everyone, had a blast as usual. Can't wait until the next one!
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: river tourney Reply with quote

i had a blast!! good people,good fishing & good food ,thanks for all the stuff u brought chuck u really went all out!!&i hope the next won will be at twin lakes that would be a blast Shocked
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john, awesome job fishing and thanks for the ride. Justin and chuck, thanks for your efforts in putting this thing together. i had a blast. It was good to see people catching, especially considering we had almost "6 of rain in 2 days.

Justin
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink
slimecoat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Justin and Dino on the win, sounds like tough conditions. Very Happy Can't wait to see pictures of that monster Pike. Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome job guys. wish i could have been there.

35lbs WOW. If it was truly 35lbs then that would indeed be the new state record. Feel good that you guys put her back in the water though. I figure a fish that gets that big deserves to live.
pdcrack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too the same tune of everyone else.

Thanks for putting this together guys, it was a great time. Mark thank you for having me, always a pleasure even if I suck at boating fish Shocked Laughing Shocked
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fishing with you too Pete, sorry I couldn't put us on a few more fish,....if only someone would've told me about a better place to fish!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Hey, sorry also about your rod,...seems like I've got a bad streak going in regard to river tournies and fishing rods!! Confused

Nice tourney JT,...thanks and congrats to all the winners, just wish I coulda stayed longer for the eats!!
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh i could care less about the rod. On a lighter note a got a nice fish outta the pads with a spro frog yesterday from the reservoir Smile First frog fish of the year for me this year.
Phish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great time, Justin. Thanks for putting it together. I'll keep trying on the river. Senko Bandit and I threw everything we could at them and just came up short. I wish I could have stuck around for the food too. Looking forward to seeing the pics of the pike, and I think it's awesome that you guys let that fish go.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I did some surfing around the internet and the CT state record pike was 39lbs,...which on-average for pike would be about 51",..so that fish was probably just a little shy,..but awfully close to the record for what it's worth! Wink
Joe~G

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats guys...Nice job. I hope to make some if there are any out of Haddam or in the middle somewhere..
pdcrack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tralli can we get the photo of that pike posted?? If you have no way of getting it off your phone send it to my cell in a message and Ill post it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: